Sick Day Saga

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
yes. He’s the only one to speak to about your schedule. If anything you’re being courteous telling your pt sup. They’re not in charge of your vacation days, option, and float. That’s all on the lead. get his number and enjoy your day off.
Wrong
Don’t give advice if you dont know what you’re talking about

ManInBrown

Hey hey.

So yesterday, a few hours prior to shift, I had let one of the higher-ranked supes (if that matters) know I needed to take a sick day. I've been with the company for a few years and have several of them entitled to me at this point. I gave a brief review of my maladies, too, when inquired, and that seemed to be that. Later, come work time, I'm getting texts, calls and messages from some of the supes from my area demanding my whereabouts. They get the same notice the first supe got, and then themselves start citing the words of some other supe names claiming I must appear. Same description of my maladies ensues, and (having discovered this just today) it receives a reply invoking the names of other supes demanding that I haul my sickly ass to the slave mines.

Is there anything I need to know about all this, much less be concerned about? Should I look into filing a harassment grievance? Any reason I shouldn't call in sick today, too?
For the 1000th time this has been posted on here. Never tell them anything. You are afforded sick days.

under no condition are you required to explain the reasoning for why you are not coming in.

hello this is public ways. Not coming in today. Utilize a sick day. CLICK.

I know this is going to sound crazy, but when you go into a long diatribe about why you’re not coming in they look at you like you’re a sucker. Probably played a part in the harassing texts and phone calls.

ive also posted this numerous times. You let management mess with you at this place and they will ride you to the moon and back.

For the 1000th time this has been posted on here. Never tell them anything. You are afforded sick days.

under no condition are you required to explain the reasoning for why you are not coming in.

hello this is public ways. Not coming in today. Utilize a sick day. CLICK.

I know this is going to sound crazy, but when you go into a long diatribe about why you’re not coming in they look at you like you’re a sucker. Probably played a part in the harassing texts and phone calls.

ive also posted this numerous times. You let management mess with you at this place and they will ride you to the moon and back.
I know. My original message wasn't much more than what you outlined, but I was asked what was going on - seemingly innocuously - and so I gave a few symptoms to be courteous, I suppose. For what it's worth, that original supe was not part of the harassment committee.

What do you think of the latest I'm getting? If they're demanding this medical documentation from me without specifically calling it a quarantine, do I have pretext to claim the quarantine leave entitlements?

ManInBrown

I know. My original message wasn't much more than what you outlined, but I was asked what was going on - seemingly innocuously - and so I gave a few symptoms to be courteous, I suppose. For what it's worth, that original supe was not part of the harassment committee.

What do you think of the latest I'm getting? If they're demanding this medical documentation from me without specifically calling it a quarantine, do I have pretext to claim the quarantine leave entitlements?
What’s going on Public ways? None of your business. Sick day. Click.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
You ask a question here and you get 10 different answers and the chances of any one of them being right are pretty slim. Didn't your mother warn you about taking advice from the internet?
We never had internet back in my day , you know how lucky you guys have it now?
🧔✊

JustDeliverIt

I got paid for a quarantine with a negative test.

So did I. Came in direct contact with someone who tested positive 2 days later. Had to quarantine for 10 and with the doctor's note UPS paid me for it. My test came back negative but I was home for the whole time.

JustDeliverIt

Got a new wrinkle to this, folks: I just notified the same supe that I am calling out sick today, and have been told they need a Dr's note and negative COVID test before coming back to work. They can legally require this of me, or am I under no obligation to produce those things?

I called in last fall when our building was being hit with positive tests and call ins. The Bills were playing and I wanted to watch the game and I had days to burn so I used one. Supervisor told me that if I was calling in sick that I would have to have a doctor's note to return. I chuckled and hung up. Came back the next day, no note and never a word said. They were just butt hurt because I was using a day and trying to have me change my mind.

Like @542thruNthru said, call them out on the fact that they are wanting you to quarantine. If they say yes, go to UPSers and fill out the form to get paid. And don't get the rapid test, get the regular one. Take a few days to really make sure you are ok. Plus, the rapid tests aren't as accurate, want to get the regular one to be 100% sure.

I called in last fall when our building was being hit with positive tests and call ins. The Bills were playing and I wanted to watch the game and I had days to burn so I used one. Supervisor told me that if I was calling in sick that I would have to have a doctor's note to return. I chuckled and hung up. Came back the next day, no note and never a word said. They were just butt hurt because I was using a day and trying to have me change my mind.

Like @542thruNthru said, call them out on the fact that they are wanting you to quarantine. If they say yes, go to UPSers and fill out the form to get paid. And don't get the rapid test, get the regular one. Take a few days to really make sure you are ok. Plus, the rapid tests aren't as accurate, want to get the regular one to be 100% sure.
Heh, the supe who said I need a note + test refused to call this a "quarantine" when I directly asked him so. I brought up this stipulation to the full-time supe in charge of scheduling (who, apparently, is covering for the regular one while they're on vacation), and haven't even heard back yet - after multiple calls and a text message. Seems it may be time to contact the manager themselves. Or hell, with this much time elapsed already, maybe even time to find out if there wasn't a positive test among my recent social contacts.

542thruNthru

Heh, the supe who said I need a note + test refused to call this a "quarantine" when I directly asked him so. I brought up this stipulation to the full-time supe in charge of scheduling (who, apparently, is covering for the regular one while they're on vacation), and haven't even heard back yet - after multiple calls and a text message. Seems it may be time to contact the manager themselves. Or hell, with this much time elapsed already, maybe even time to find out if there wasn't a positive test among my recent social contacts.
Just take your ass to work.