Sick Day Saga

542thruNthru

Got a new wrinkle to this, folks: I just notified the same supe that I am calling out sick today, and have been told they need a Dr's note and negative COVID test before coming back to work. They can legally require this of me, or am I under no obligation to produce those things?
Lol you just hit the jackpot.

They are quarantining you then if they I requiring a covid test results. That means you're off for at least 10 working days paid. I'd call them back and ask for the number for HRSC since they are quarantining you so you can get your covid pay. :)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I see. I just wasn't sure if there was anything in the laws/mandates of late that would supersede what's in the contract. So if I show back up tomorrow without any of that, they can't stop me from working?
Get the test. CVS by me does them for free. It's a rapid test they do now.

Lol you just hit the jackpot.

They are quarantining you then if they I requiring a covid test results. That means you're off for at least 10 working days paid. I'd call them back and ask for the number for HRSC since they are quarantining you so you can get your covid pay. :)
Holy :censored2:, really!?! Why, I'd be down for that! And you're sure about this? The moment they say I need a covid test result, I'm entitled to what you describe? To 10 whole days, from this date?

The only hitch is that I had learned a (believable) rumor from a senior worker at the hub that our whole HR department has been wiped out. Something about everything being done through Atlanta now. Would that be the place to call and report this, in lieu of whatever used to be at my hub?
Get the test. CVS by me does them for free. It's a rapid test they do now.

Why? You're saying that I should, just for my own personal interest? For the record, I don't have any COVID symptoms. And given what over9five's said, it doesn't sound like it's necessary for me to resume working.

Wally

Holy *, really!?! Why I'd be down for that! And you're sure about this? The moment they say I need a covid test result, I'm entitled to what you describe? To 10 whole days, from this date?

The only hitch is that I had learned a (believable) rumor from a senior worker at the hub that our whole HR department has been wiped out. Something about everything being done through Atlanta now. Would that be the place to call and report this, in lieu of whatever used to be at my hub?

Why? You're saying that I should, just for my own personal interest? For the record, I don't have any COVID symptoms. And given what over9five's said, it doesn't sound like it's necessary for me to resume working.
Don't be a clown. If you are positive, you get a free paid. vacation

542thruNthru

Holy *, really!?! Why, I'd be down for that! And you're sure about this? The moment they say I need a covid test result, I'm entitled to what you describe? To 10 whole days, from this date?

If they are telling you that you can't come back to work without a negative covid test result than you are being quarantined by the company.

Paid leave first bullet point.
FullSizeR(1) (1)1.jpg

So if I were you I'd call that sup back and ask for the number to HRSC. When he asks why tell him that he just put you on quarantine and you need to start your emergency paid leave while you set up a covid test and wait for the results.

Watch how quickly he changes his mind. :)

Wally

If they are telling you that you can't come back to work without a negative covid test result than you are being quarantined by the company.

Paid leave first bullet point.
View attachment 333708

So if I were you I'd call that sup back and ask for the number to HRSC. When he asks why tell him that he just put you on quarantine and you need to start your emergency paid leave while you set up a covid test and wait for the results.

Watch how quickly he changes his mind. :)
I see nothing about testing. Since rapid testing is readily available, no pay. Get the test.

542thruNthru

Yep, if positive he gets paid. Only then and with a physician's signature.
Nope.

Your ”state" really sucks if that's how it works there.

Many people have been told by UPS to quarantine when they came in contact with some one that was positive. Everyone of them go paid and never once tested positive. Granted you can only use it once though.

Wally

Ok that's fine. And again if required by UPS to quarantine. You are eligible for EPL. You do not have to test positive.
Right but you still need a doctors note. No doctor will give that note without a rapid test.

Might as well get the test.