Sick Day Saga

542thruNthru

Right but you still need a doctors note. No doctor will give that note without a rapid test.

Might as well get the test.
No

You

Do

Not

Read the first bullet point very carefully.

If required by government, public health official, Doctor OR UPS to be quarantined.

UPS is requiring him to get a covid test and will not allow him to work until then. There for UPS is requiring him to quarantine until he does.

rod

Retired 22 years
You ask a question here and you get 10 different answers and the chances of any one of them being right are pretty slim. Didn't your mother warn you about taking advice from the internet?

Last edited:

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Hey hey.

So yesterday, a few hours prior to shift, I had let one of the higher-ranked supes (if that matters) know I needed to take a sick day. I've been with the company for a few years and have several of them entitled to me at this point. I gave a brief review of my maladies, too, when inquired, and that seemed to be that. Later, come work time, I'm getting texts, calls and messages from some of the supes from my area demanding my whereabouts. They get the same notice the first supe got, and then themselves start citing the words of some other supe names claiming I must appear. Same description of my maladies ensues, and (having discovered this just today) it receives a reply invoking the names of other supes demanding that I haul my sickly ass to the slave mines.

Is there anything I need to know about all this, much less be concerned about? Should I look into filing a harassment grievance? Any reason I shouldn't call in sick today, too?
Little tip tell ups not to text you, i gave ups the wrong number so they cant call me or text me, if i call of, i give them enough time to fill it

542thruNthru

Not an endless supply. But I’m not doing 39 more that’s for sure. I’ve seen routes sit til the next day here too. Wally gets pushed around and worried about why others called out.
giphy-54.gif

I've been watching you two volley back and forth before I could formulate an up-to-date reply. So, now that all that's been ironed-out, plan should be that I go get tested --->get Dr.'s note --->during the while, remind them I've now been officially put on quarantine, and seek out the entitled paid leave from HR, whatever my test result is?

And to be clear, they cannot put this genie back in the bottle? It's only the supe himself that's told me I need a test (that I know of), but I'd assume he's being directed to by mgmt. or is acting according to the current company protocol, and thus is empowered to require that of a worker like me. I just want to be sure being told this (via text, if relevant) by a mere supe is grounds to capitalize on the quarantine provision.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I've been watching you two volley back and forth before I could formulate an up-to-date reply. So, now that all that's been ironed-out, plan should be that I go get tested --->get Dr.'s note --->during the while, remind them I've now been officially put on quarantine, and seek out the entitled paid leave from HR, whatever my test result is?

And to be clear, they cannot put this genie back in the bottle? It's only the supe himself that's told me I need a test (that I know of), but I'd assume he's being directed to by mgmt. or is acting according to the current company protocol, and thus is empowered to require that of a worker like me. I just want to be sure being told this (via text, if relevant) by a mere supe is grounds to capitalize on the quarantine provision.
Just make sure if the company ordered you to get tested for anything ever, they pay for it. Not teamcare. No co pay. Nothing at all from your pocket.

542thruNthru

You do what you want but personally I'd call and make them aware of what they are asking you to do. I bet they change their minds especially if it's just some rogue sup and not a manager telling him to do it.

You do what you want but personally I'd call and make them aware of what they are asking you to do. I bet they change their minds especially if it's just some rogue sup and not a manager telling him to do it.
Oh, by all means if this qualifies me for paid leave, I'm damn sure going to pursue it. It should specifically be by call, too? I figure text format provides an ironclad record of the exchange, though no doubt calling gives them little time to try and plan anything. They have the right to change their mind about quarantining me, even after what I've been told?

Oh (if it makes a difference): Other supe that's specifically from my area (one of the ones involved in the harassing) just politely texted me asking if I'm able to come in today. Should I bring up already having been told to quarantine?

542thruNthru

Oh, by all means if this qualifies me for paid leave, I'm damn sure going to pursue it. It should specifically be by call, too? I figure text format provides an ironclad record of the exchange, though no doubt calling gives them little time to try and plan anything. They have the right to change their mind about quarantining me, even after what I've been told?

Oh (if it makes a difference): Other supe that's specifically from my area (one of the ones involved in the harassing) just politely texted me asking if I'm able to come in today. Should I bring up already having been told to quarantine?
Do what you want but like I said in a different thread.

Don't play games unless you know the rules.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Anything schedule related or calling off go to the lead supervisor. Your supervisor is just the middle man, and is their to make sure the belt is running.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
"Lead" as in full-time supe, right? I'll have to procure their number, then, and give em the run-down.

yes. He’s the only one to speak to about your schedule. If anything you’re being courteous telling your pt sup. They’re not in charge of your vacation days, option, and float. That’s all on the lead. get his number and enjoy your day off.

Asked explicitly if I was being quarantined. Been told that it's the new policy, that anyone whole calls back sick has to come back with that documentation. Asked again to confirm if I'm explicitly under quarantine, and I got the same line repeated back. More bull:censored2:? It seems like he's dancing around calling it that outright.

Last edited: