Signature or no Signature?

clean hairy

So, if the shipper does not pay for signature required, then it can be shipper released front desk, etc?
When shipping a handgun, it cannot be shipper released? This is if it is going to a gun shop, and the label does not indicate signature required, then you have to get a signature anyway?
Just wanting to be sure on this.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
So, if the shipper does not pay for signature required, then it can be shipper released front desk, etc?
When shipping a handgun, it cannot be shipper released? This is if it is going to a gun shop, and the label does not indicate signature required, then you have to get a signature anyway?
You seriously don't know the answer to this????
Besides common sense, did they train you at all???

I weep for the future of ups

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

No shipper is stupid enough to ship a HANDGUN shipper release.

A.) The gun is too valuable
B.) Guns going to gun shops typically have designations to be signed by someone 21 and older.
C.) Gun shop or not, if it goes to a business, and when you scan it doesn't say it's a shipper release package, then you get a signature, in compliance with UPS' methods.

Anything that is shipper release can be dropped anywhere, anytime, no signature required. The shipper pays for basic service, which is a drop and go.

JL 0513

You seriously don't know the answer to this????
Besides common sense, did they train you at all???

I weep for the future of ups

The problem with UPS driver training is that 90% of the 40 hour training week to become a driver focused on the 5 seeing habits and 10 point commentary. Over and over and over. Basically just the visual safety aspect of the job and nothing else. They don't actually teach you how to do the job. Very odd.

The job training only began going out with the sup on day one and by the end of day two you're expected to be a pro even though I had never even held a DIAD before.

Most of my training came from mistakes made during the first months. Getting messages on the board to not do what I just did. Or a visit from the sup the next day and tell me. At least the other 25% of my job knowledge comes from this forum. Kinda sad really.

JL 0513

I have one church on my area and all deliveries are left on a desk in a side entryway. DR, SD.

My deliveries are done by 3pm so it is not an issue but if I ever had a shipper release for a closed business and I was unable to indirect I would sheet it as closed. No way in hell I am leaving a pkg outside of a closed business.

Kinda rear to get anything of real value that is shipper release at businesses. It's usually something like a box of literature for the business or samples of something. Either way, you have to leave it. This has been pounded into us at numerous PCM's because guys hadn't left a shipper release. Instructions are simple.

The shipper didn't pay for a reattempt.

Management uses the example of leaving a package at a front door in Times Square. Will it get stolen? Yes. Not up to us to care.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Doesnt it say on the shipper release screen any address apt commercial stops condos and houses

Suppose you owned a business on a busy thoroughfare and had to close early that day for a family emergency. Your driver is unable (or can't be bothered) to indirect the package so he leaves right by your locked front door for the whole world to see. Would you be a happy camper when you come back to see the package sitting there or, even worse, find out that the driver had just left it there and it is now missing?

Yes, the DIAD says you can leave a shipper release anywhere, but do you really think that they meant to include "at the front door of a closed business on a very busy street"?

I would much prefer to get "talked with" than have a customer pissed that I couldn't be bothered to take care of them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Kinda rear to get anything of real value that is shipper release at businesses. It's usually something like a box of literature for the business or samples of something. Either way, you have to leave it. This has been pounded into us at numerous PCM's because guys hadn't left a shipper release. Instructions are simple.

The shipper didn't pay for a reattempt.

Management uses the example of leaving a package at a front door in Times Square. Will it get stolen? Yes. Not up to us to care.

The church on my area receives very few deliveries-----they get their weekly delivery on Wednesday and will occasionally receive a bulk delivery. They are all DR'd to their side porch per their request.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Suppose you owned a business on a busy thoroughfare and had to close early that day for a family emergency. Your driver is unable (or can't be bothered) to indirect the package so he leaves right by your locked front door for the whole world to see. Would you be a happy camper when you come back to see the package sitting there or, even worse, find out that the driver had just left it there and it is now missing?

Yes, the DIAD says you can leave a shipper release anywhere, but do you really think that they meant to include "at the front door of a closed business on a very busy street"?

I would much prefer to get "talked with" than have a customer :censored2: that I couldn't be bothered to take care of them.
Then they should pay for regular ground services.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

I would much prefer to get "talked with" than have a customer :censored2: that I couldn't be bothered to take care of them.
I agree with you.......and I would do the same as what you said,but in my area management doesn't care about customers and would prefer to lose customers in order to torcher a driver

slappyhappy

It's not your call to sheet it closed when it comes to a shipper release. The businesses pay money for that option so they want it left, open or closed. If for some reason that package does indeed get stolen they will absorb the cost.

It doesn't cost extra for shipper release, and there was a diad training a few years back on shipper release stating that shipper release to business or resi must follow the dr methods, out of sight and weather.

9.5er

I love the look on the business customers when all I have to deliver is one shipper release package. I hand it to them and promptly walk away as they reach out to sign the diad. The confused look as to why they did not have to sign always makes me giggle a little.

It's the little things in life I guess.