Silly Customer Complaints

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I have several no release addresses on my area; however, the people who caused the issues have all moved yet they refuse to remove the no release. Depending on the situation I will overrride the no release and DR the package(s).

Why not inform the customer of the MyChoice option?

How will you explain your failure to work as instructed when, a package you released at a No DR goes missing?

Also, exactly how do you override that no DR? SDN? Release Number? If you had neither, you'd be falsifying and you know what could happen next...

Sent using a Potato

Johney

Why not inform the customer of the MyChoice option?

How will you explain your failure to work as instructed when, a package you released at a No DR goes missing?

Also, exactly how do you override that no DR? SDN? Release Number? If you had neither, you'd be falsifying and you know what could happen next...

Sent using a Potato
Are you forgetting who you are replying to and where he works out of?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When you hit "release number", the field is filled with a 3 character alpha-numeric sequence. Yiu then hit "enter", choose the delivery location and complete the stop.

As I said, each one of these is from someone who doesn't live there anymore, so why penalize the current residents for the transgression of the predecessors?

oldngray

nowhere special
If you override like Johney said you are overriding the address so the DIAD won't know it is a no DR stop. You can then DR but it will show up on a report (of course) because of override.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I have several no release addresses on my area; however, the people who caused the issues have all moved yet they refuse to remove the no release. Depending on the situation I will overrride the no release and DR the package(s).

Well, so much for the BOG.

I asked for several addresses to be removed from the no-DR status after the properties changed hands with no problems at all.

One was actually flagged no-DR because the peoples' son had been fired from UPS for stealing (PT supe and drugs) even though he didn't live there. I got tired of getting signatures for his mother's Penney's bags.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I may be wrong but I don't think MyChoice can be used for a no DR address.

It works, I've had a few on my route use it.

The first one opted for MyChoice on her own. When I realized it would work, I started talking to other customers about it. A couple more started using it too.

It's nice to see that "E" beside the address for stops you used to have to make 2 or 3 attempts on.

Sent using a Potato

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I will have to try that for those addresses. Thanks.

On a side note, I find myself saying "let me do my damn job" when I see those "E's" and the customer telling me where to leave their stuff. I especially like the ones who ask that I leave it around the back when there is a perfectly safe DR location right by their front door. I'm sure it ends up on a report but I will override their selection if I feel I can safely leave it by their front door.

oldngray

nowhere special
Well, so much for the BOG.

I asked for several addresses to be removed from the no-DR status after the properties changed hands with no problems at all.

One was actually flagged no-DR because the peoples' son had been fired from UPS for stealing (PT supe and drugs) even though he didn't live there. I got tired of getting signatures for his mother's Penney's bags.

I had problems with some individual addresses being no DR because a previous occupant had claims. Some I left as no DR because the new people were also shady but others I got the OMS to remove the no DR status. Part of my route was a high claim but DR area with almost every street having 1 or 2 no DR stops. That area floated back and forth between all no DR and DR allowed but it was usually a DR area as an excuse to dispatch with more stops.

worldwide

I will have to try that for those addresses. Thanks.

On a side note, I find myself saying "let me do my damn job" when I see those "E's" and the customer telling me where to leave their stuff. I especially like the ones who ask that I leave it around the back when there is a perfectly safe DR location right by their front door. I'm sure it ends up on a report but I will override their selection if I feel I can safely leave it by their front door.

Isn't the whole point of My Choice and specifically the Delivery Instructions feature to give the customer their choice of where they want their stuff delivered, not what's best for you?

The customer is told and expects the service will work as advertised. Why disappoint them?

oldngray

nowhere special
Isn't the whole point of My Choice and specifically the Delivery Instructions feature to give the customer their choice of where they want their stuff delivered, not what's best for you?

The customer is told and expects the service will work as advertised. Why disappoint them?

I thought the point of My Choice was to generate another source of revenue for UPS.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I thought the point of My Choice was to generate another source of revenue for UPS.

Maybe it's true purpose was to, prevent bleeding of revenue...
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1416189481.953238.jpg

Sent using a Potato

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
EXACTLY!!!!! People put up fences and gates to either 1) keep people OUT or 2) keep animals IN. I will NOT go in a gated/fenced yard if I'm not familiar with the stop. I'll lay on the horn and wait a minute. Bag it and drop it over the fence or leave a notice for tomorrow.
If it's not important enough to the customer to either allow me access or even mark their property with a street number..... why should it be important to me? If they don't care whether they get their stuff - then why should I care? Help me get your stuff to you.
Exactly you have to train the customer, put your foot down. They have no idea what time constraints we are under while they sit in their big homes and casually come to open the gate in their pajamas at 1 o'clock in the afternoon. Or they answer the intercom knowing its the ups man and have trouble opening the gate with their faulty clicker.