Simple hacks for the UPS driver - On topic please

clean hairy

this spotlight from harbor freight is awesome. its a little bulky but it will light up something 2 block over. i like that it uses a trigger instead of a switch, and its rechargeable. paid 10 bucks for it
image_24690.jpg
May not want to use that light in the Hood, as you could draw unwanted attention lighting up a house with THAT much light!

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I have that... its alright as long as you dont shine it at the drug dealers' or prostitutes' faces... LoL its under 200 lumens, so it not too bright.

Now, u guys don't want those diad pouches, give em all to me! !!

Bungee on the rental wall & i gots my stuff organized, yo!

20151207_182651.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
Has a package car dash board ever been cleaned in the history of UPS?

I used to take time to clean the inside of my truck at least once a week. Sometimes I would even wash the inside of it out. All on the clock. Yes they would scream and throw a hissy fit---yes I had a fairly clean inside and out---didn't care. I carried a bottle of Windex and paper towels with me too.

opey

grimiest part of the cab? the sun visor.... 2 trucks i drove recently i guess nobody has ever actually flipped the sun visor down, as both were caked pretty much solid with dirt

Rainman

Its all good.
grimiest part of the cab? the sun visor.... 2 trucks i drove recently i guess nobody has ever actually flipped the sun visor down, as both were caked pretty much solid with dirt
There's a reason for that. The cheap plastic lets the Suns rays go right through without doing anything to reduce glare or intensity. If you let the dust and dirt accumulate it helps to reduce the intensity of the sun so you aren't blinded when you have to drive into the sun to it from the route.
If you cleaned my visor I would be really pissed off.

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
spend more time in my pkg car then home. so i keep clean, cab during the winter and hose out cargo are monthly rest of the year

RxL

In the newer package cars theres a spot above hand brake where i can put a 1 gallon coleman water jug. The jug stays in place as if it were designed for that purpose.

k2-_3928af50-5ee7-431f-bcdc-135501d1e702.v3.jpg

I just bought one and have been bungee the thing ! But now that you pointed that spot out; it's perfect.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Now I've seen everything. UPS actually inviting you to steal their power. Back in my time that was a BIG no no.

I had one for awhile also, but not all PCs had them in my bldg. Like the fans. Everyone had one when I started, then supposedly some guy in an air conditioned office decided they were too costly tomaintain, and they took them all out. Some drivers rebelled when the 12v outlets got taken away, and told mgmt not to call their cell phone anymore as they needed to conserve their battery for personal use only. It's always a 2 way street.

Last edited: