Simple hacks for the UPS driver - On topic please

Tiny Panda

How about a headlamp instead of a flashlight for use outside of the PC when walking (or dare I say "walking") to your stop? It will fit over either the ball-cap or the beanie-cap. One less thing to carry and the light is always where you need it!

I bought one of these

Fits in my pocket and has an adjustable beam so you can focus the light on house numbers etc

TheMasochist

200 lbs? No problem - it's only my back
It's good because the light is where you need and only when you need it. Everywhere your eyes go so does the light.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I bought one of these spot lights last year and they work great
Also, we just had a driver get "fired" pending investigation for doing things to his package car. So be careful with whatever you do to your package cars people!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
20151116_090905~2.jpg
They're smaller than some peoples' asses. Ahh....if only they had Slim Fast for feet....lol.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Also, we just had a driver get "fired" pending investigation for doing things to his package car. So be careful with whatever you do to your package cars people!
Splicing into the electrical system, cutting wires, or making permanent modifications to the car would be a big no-no. My hacks do not involve any of that, its bungee cords and zip ties snd nothing more.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
yes, that is correct about modifications. you can ask your mechanic but he has to get approval from his boss. usually the answer is no.

the mods i made over the years was usually safety related for the winter but they had to be removable in the spring.

i used to zip tie a cut out from the mudflap to the step so i could wipe my boots off before entering tractor. also used to attach a small equipment box to the rear catwalk for chain and snow equipment since loose items like that are not supposed to be in the cab.

opey

this spotlight from harbor freight is awesome. its a little bulky but it will light up something 2 block over. i like that it uses a trigger instead of a switch, and its rechargeable. paid 10 bucks for it
image_24690.jpg

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
i have a little Rayovac penlight that clips to my shirt pocket that is almost indispensible (sp?).

i think i paid 7 bucks for it and have had it for several years.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
this spotlight from harbor freight is awesome. its a little bulky but it will light up something 2 block over. i like that it uses a trigger instead of a switch, and its rechargeable. paid 10 bucks for it
image_24690.jpg
I have a flashlight that isn't as bright as a spotlight but will light up the house pretty good all the way from the truck... I usually make an attempt to shine that bitch right in their front room window. If they don't want to turn on a porch light them I'm going to light em up

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I have a flashlight that isn't as bright as a spotlight but will light up the house pretty good all the way from the truck... I usually make an attempt to shine that bitch right in their front room window. If they don't want to turn on a porch light them I'm going to light em up
It's just bonus points if they come to the window to see the "light show"...

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
image_24690.jpg
I have this light as well... li-ion power with auto-shutoff when charging is alot better than the older, heavier ni-cad ones.

I used their 20% coupon on top of it as well

3 watts or ~180 lumen power is good enough for the price

I also got their smaller led pocket lights for free as backup

image_21028.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
I have this light as well... li-ion power with auto-shutoff when charging is alot better than the older, heavier ni-cad ones.

I used their 20% coupon on top of it as well

3 watts or ~180 lumen power is good enough for the price

I also got their smaller led pocket lights for free as backup

image_21028.jpg

I bet I have 20 of those free little lights---and tape measures and circuit testers and screwdrivers and all that other stuff they give away free.