Six weeks!!!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I can see us working peak without a contract as well. How long have they strung along mechanics and pilots? Could we be next? It's definitely possible.

UPS does not want a threat of a strike near it's Peak volume.
Companies will not ship with us because they don't want their merchandise stuck in transit.
Not only will the customers despise UPS, they will blame the retailer for taking the chance.
The loss of revenue will be huge even with stalled negotiations.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
UPS does not want a threat of a strike near it's Peak volume.
Companies will not ship with us because they don't want their merchandise stuck in transit.
Not only will the customers despise UPS, they will blame the retailer for taking the chance.
The loss of revenue will be huge even with stalled negotiations.
would they have to back pay a raise if that happens

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
According to the Q, next week.
Yeah, who's this @Tony Q ???

Pops on the scene in February, although I don't remember his posts until recenty, only regarding the contract and the negotiations.

....one minute claiming to be "in the know", then the next not???

....getting upset when someone challenges what he posts, like he's got instant credibility, while the rest of us earned it here.

I don't disagree with a lot of what he says, but am I highly suspicious of his motives, intentions, and mission, here in this popular, wordwide social media outlet.

There's something that doesn't smell right with this poster, or is it just me?

Last edited:

Tony Q

Pops on the scene in February, although I don't remember his posts until recenty, only regarding the contract and the negotiations.

....getting upset when someone challenges what he posts, like he's got instant credibility, while the rest of us earned it here.

I don't disagree with a lot of what he says, but am I highly suspicious of his motives, intentions, and mission, here in this popular, wordwide social media outlet.

I apologize if I haven't afforded you the greatest respect that you have undoubtedly have earned here. If I came across as angry in any way I assure you I am not. I am a little politically upset with the current administration as well as with the other three recent leaders for coming out and declaring their intentions to run for GP and General Secretary Treasure respectively. I think this was selfish on their parts, as well as a detriment to the UPS members who are counting on a good, strong, and fair contract. I do obviously have a little knowledge, but this has mostly fell on deaf ears here, probably because I haven't put in all the hard work that someone such as yourself has all these years. If I came across in this way I apologize. You are the Seniority top dog around here and I am a nobody. Thank you for your honest inquiry into my credentials. I think that it is a must, for someone in the high up position, such as yourself to police this social media outlet. I appreciate your that you agree and more importantly disagree with some of what I have to say. We need people such as yourself to question the status quo.

OrionsBitch

Not...
Just a hunch. Society today shames companies that crap on employees, all the while handsomely rewarding CEO's and the like. I feel like UPS doesn't want that shame. They certainly don't need it. I guess we will find out in 6 weeks. I hope I am right, obviously. It's a much different time now than '97.
The thing is in this industry shame doesn't matter anymore. Stuff still needs shipped and delivered no matter what happens. Only so many customers will be able to jump ship. FedEx and USPS wouldn't be able to handle all our volume. Also the public will NOT be behind us if they hear how much we make.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I apologize if I haven't afforded you the greatest respect that you have undoubtedly have earned here. If I came across as angry in any way I assure you I am not. I am a little politically upset with the current administration as well as with the other three recent leaders for coming out and declaring their intentions to run for GP and General Secretary Treasure respectively. I think this was selfish on their parts, as well as a detriment to the UPS members who are counting on a good, strong, and fair contract. I do obviously have a little knowledge, but this has mostly fell on deaf ears here, probably because I haven't put in all the hard work that someone such as yourself has all these years. If I came across in this way I apologize. You are the Seniority top dog around here and I am a nobody. Thank you for your honest inquiry into my credentials. I think that it is a must, for someone in the high up position, such as yourself to police this social media outlet. I appreciate your that you agree and more importantly disagree with some of what I have to say. We need people such as yourself to question the status quo.
Thanks for making my point....again.

Whether you choose to recognize it, or not, you don't "obviously have a little knowledge" or anything else here yet, nor have you revealed anything original.

It was just my two cents, that with "interest" included, may be worth a bit more with some, less with others???
From my perspective, I choose to call it prerogative, rather than "deaf ears".
At the end of the day, in my world, the sun doesn't need to rise and set on my schedule.

But hey stick with it, and in case you missed it while getting butt hurt, I also posted:
I don't disagree with a lot of what he says

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The thing is in this industry shame doesn't matter anymore. Stuff still needs shipped and delivered no matter what happens. Only so many customers will be able to jump ship. FedEx and USPS wouldn't be able to handle all our volume. Also the public will NOT be behind us if they hear how much we make.
X
How much who makes???
What do you think the average annual salary is for a union employee at UPS?
What percentage of UPSer's that take a job here ever actually realize a full time, top scale job?

Stink 219?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I heard were getting a ups shirt if we vote yes

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I heard were getting a ups shirt if we vote yes
giphy.gif