Six weeks!!!

dogs.bite.me

The thing is in this industry shame doesn't matter anymore. Stuff still needs shipped and delivered no matter what happens. Only so many customers will be able to jump ship. FedEx and USPS wouldn't be able to handle all our volume. Also the public will NOT be behind us if they hear how much we make.
If they hear? Every damn article that comes out publishes it. Someone put it out there. I'm guessing it wasn't the union. They are already playing the game.

Mnm98

Im a new employee I had heard by someone working for ups said everyone is getting a raise after july 29 is it true and what is the strike about?

Tony Q

Thanks for making my point....again.

Whether you choose to recognize it, or not, you don't "obviously have a little knowledge" or anything else here yet, nor have you revealed anything original.

It was just my two cents, that with "interest" included, may be worth a bit more with some, less with others???
From my perspective, I choose to call it prerogative, rather than "deaf ears".
At the end of the day, in my world, the sun doesn't need to rise and set on my schedule.

But hey stick with it, and in case you missed it while getting butt hurt, I also posted:
Brother Bubblehead,

I think you missed this part of my post in my reply to your original.

I appreciate your that you agree and more importantly disagree with some of what I have to say. We need people such as yourself to question the status quo.

I am not Butt hurt in the least, more beside myself that you finally noticed me. I like a lot of what you post here. I have for some time. I think you have a lot of this stuff figured out. I don't know why you would think that I am upset in the least and would like to make sure that you know that I appreciate you and what you do for members. I don't know what got lost in translation, but you are A okay in my book. And not far off on a lot. Keep up the good fight.

I also respect the SUPER SENIORITY you have here. This is your show, I'm just a warm up act.

OrionsBitch

Not...
X
How much who makes???
What do you think the average annual salary is for a union employee at UPS?
What percentage of UPSer's that take a job here ever actually realize a full time, top scale job?
Ok, well when people hear that we make 80-100k a year to drive a truck when teachers, nurses, cops, military members, business professionals, accountants, construction workers, masons, etc. All make far less what do you think they will say?

They will say :censored2: them....what are those overpaid truck drivers bitching about?! They make more than I do!

542thruNthru

Ok, well when people hear that we make 80-100k a year to drive a truck when teachers, nurses, cops, military members, business professionals, accountants, construction workers, masons, etc. All make far less what do you think they will say?

They will say :censored2: them....what are those overpaid truck drivers bitching about?! They make more than I do!

You might want to reread his post.

He's saying the majority of people at UPS are not top rate drivers. So yea we make a lot but the PT workers do not. That's his point. You can't just focus on us. Anyways it doesn't matter what we make the public won't be happy mainly because their stuff won't show up for a few days.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Those who are union bargaining unit employees covered under the contract being negotiated, that actually "drive a truck", are the VAST MINORITY.

When you factor in the VAST MAJORITY, the part timers who squander in near or at poverty levels, a whole different picture can be painted of a Fortune 500 company, reaping historic profits, for decades.

I'll ask again, for anybody who can provide the statistical data:

What percentage of union UPS employee ever realizes a top scale, full time job???....anybody?

F

Frankie's Friend

Stink 219?
Har har har.
20180129_234443.jpg

Smell this^.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
Those who are union bargaining unit employees covered under the contract being negotiated, that actually "drive a truck", are the VAST MINORITY.

When you factor in the VAST MAJORITY, the part timers who squander in near or at poverty levels, a whole different picture can be painted of a Fortune 500 company, reaping historic profits, for decades.

I'll ask again, for anybody who can provide the statistical data:

What percentage of union UPS employee ever realizes a top scale, full time job???....anybody?
This is misleading though. For accuracy sake, you'd have to know how many employees are actually looking into making driving a long term career and how many are just working for the benefits or to fill a gap. There's at least 3 people that preload at my hub for the bennies that also covers their wife and kids. 2 of them own their own businesses. All three have been there for over ten years and one since the early 90s.

F

Frankie's Friend

Im a new employee I had heard by someone working for ups said everyone is getting a raise after july 29 is it true and what is the strike about?

:strikesmileys:

You part time or full time management?

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Frankie's Friend

Brother Bubblehead,

I think you missed this part of my post in my reply to your original.

I appreciate your that you agree and more importantly disagree with some of what I have to say. We need people such as yourself to question the status quo.

I am not Butt hurt in the least, more beside myself that you finally noticed me. I like a lot of what you post here. I have for some time. I think you have a lot of this stuff figured out. I don't know why you would think that I am upset in the least and would like to make sure that you know that I appreciate you and what you do for members. I don't know what got lost in translation, but you are A okay in my book. And not far off on a lot. Keep up the good fight.

I also respect the SUPER SENIORITY you have here. This is your show, I'm just a warm up act.
TLDR

F

Frankie's Friend

20180617_185504.jpg

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
This is misleading though. For accuracy sake, you'd have to know how many employees are actually looking into making driving a long term career and how many are just working for the benefits or to fill a gap. There's at least 3 people that preload at my hub for the bennies that also covers their wife and kids. 2 of them own their own businesses. All three have been there for over ten years and one since the early 90s.
How many supervisors are they working side by side with?¿?

F

Frankie's Friend

How many supervisors are they working side by side with?¿?
How many pt air exception drivers deliver and pick up ground every day?
They love part time work when it's scabbed off of full time pay and hours.
More garbage.

How many pt air exception drivers deliver and pick up ground every day?
They love part time work when it's scabbed off of full time pay and hours.
More garbage.
8 1/2 hours today. I am afraid that will all come to an end if the company gets the $15/hr combo drivers in the new contract. May just have to retire.