Six weeks!!!

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
WOW! HS diploma and make 100,000+ working 10hr days, respected by everyone, lots of discounts and yes paid better than teachers here.
Paid better than teachers are anywhere.
" My first wife left me because a teachers salary just couldn't give her the things she wanted. You know, food, clothing, and shelter." -- Nick Nolte
One in five teachers have a second job so they can eat.

Crumudgeon

POW-MIA.. never forget...
Agreed; I think it was intended to be used as a scare tactic, but with over 90% voting for it, they actually have it to use as such. I think UPS realizes now with that vote that maybe their employees really are :censored2: off at the way things are done.

On the second point, UPS is gonna have to say "last, best, and final offer" again if there is any chance the Teamsters would strike. And I don't think UPS is dumb enough to say that again. They'll just continue going back and forth until the contract is ratified, even if it goes past the expiration date.

90% of 27% of the total Union membership voted. While the number looks strong its actually pretty sad....

clean hairy

Paid better than teachers are anywhere.
" My first wife left me because a teachers salary just couldn't give her the things she wanted. You know, food, clothing, and shelter." -- Nick Nolte
One in five teachers have a second job so they can eat.
Depends on the region of the country, I guess.
Fort Worth is starting techers at $52,000 per year.
If you cannot survive on $52,00 income in Fort Worth, something is really wrong!

BrownFlush

Depends on the region of the country, I guess.
Fort Worth is starting techers at $52,000 per year.
If you cannot survive on $52,00 income in Fort Worth, something is really wrong!
The thing that needs to be figured in is hours they put in for that. Evening assemblies, grading papers at home, etc. Summers off is out.. midd to late June and then back at somewhere in August...A teacher here thats " doin' their job " makes a liitle more than minimum wage.

clean hairy

The thing that needs to be figured in is hours they put in for that. Evening assemblies, grading papers at home, etc. Summers off is out.. midd to late June and then back at somewhere in August...A teacher here thats " doin' their job " makes a liitle more than minimum wage.
Another thought is to take total hours they work and divide by 52 weeks.
Say 50 hours per week for 40 weeks is 2000 hours for the year.
Just figuring that might be 26 an hour for a 1st year teacher.

BrownFlush

Another thought is to take total hours they work and divide by 52 weeks.
Say 50 hours per week for 40 weeks is 2000 hours for the year.
Just figuring that might be 26 an hour for a 1st year teacher.
Not bad.. I'll tell ya though, I don't know if they could pay me enough to be a teacher anywhere these days.
My son (excellent teacher ) did it for 10 years.. had enough..Teaching the parents how to raise their kids was more than he wanted.