Sleeper team transparency

For this sleeper run are you out on the road five days or can you actually finish your run early ( in less days )?
This one is a Monday night to Friday morning. If it’s run properly you can work local Monday day then “ report” to you sleeper run and when you get back to the hub you will have your 10 hour reset already so you can work local again on Friday. It’s scheduled for 81 hours, but we run hard and can get it down to around 74ish hours if everything goes properly.

Trucker Clock

This one is a Monday night to Friday morning. If it’s run properly you can work local Monday day then “ report” to you sleeper run and when you get back to the hub you will have your 10 hour reset already so you can work local again on Friday. It’s scheduled for 81 hours, but we run hard and can get it down to around 74ish hours if everything goes properly.

Yea, let’s be gone Monday night through Friday morning on the road, pissing and showering in truck stops, (if you even shower), sleeping in a truck while someone else is driving and run “hard” so that we can work on our days off, instead of being with our family, just to make that almighty dollar.

No thank you. You make plenty of money on that run without the extra work. The greed will send you to the grave.

trickpony1

Yea, let’s be gone Monday night through Friday morning on the road, pissing and showering in truck stops, (if you even shower), sleeping in a truck while someone else is driving and run “hard” so that we can work on our days off, instead of being with our family, just to make that almighty dollar.

No thank you. You make plenty of money on that run without the extra work. The greed will send you to the grave.
Pigs get fed, hogs get slaughtered.

Google it.

Philosophically helping.

ManInBrown

Anytime to say hi to the family in passing once a week? JFC.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Talk your route up enough and you will have people lined up for it. All you have to do is find coverage for that week. You will go to the cover board for just that week for the other days.

Basically like your traveling, toiletries soap shampoo etc. we bring our food for the most part and just pack it into our coolers and heat it up at truck stops. Costco pre-made meals are a winner, quick and simple. We use a UPS fuel card to fuel ( we have long distances between our stops and fuel at hubs when we can) and then link that gas stations rewards card. Ends up being 4 cents a gallon back in rewards points; it adds up quickly. Also free showers and free fountain drinks so it’s a nice perk. There is a reason you see truck drivers with a big 54oz. cup walking into the truck stops.

As far as mattresses go, the one they provide isn’t much better than your kids nap mat. About 3 inches thick and you can literally feel every spring. I have slept on foldout couches that were more comfortable. We went ahead and splurged on a 12 inch thick memory foam gel cooled mattress. It absorbs a lot of the bumps but some roads just suck. And we buy Gatorade and other large lid bottles for… reasons
We were told not to use rewards points since we are not paying for the fuel.

ManInBrown

Literally every team at our hub does it. Not saying it’s OK, but I highly doubt they would terminate all 30 of our teams especially when we are still short on drivers.
That’s a bad way to think, yes they would send all 30 of you on a little vacation In a heartbeat. Believe me, the loads would still move. You don’t think 30 of you being sent on a 3 month vacation would necessitate the company closing up shop do you?

That’s a bad way to think, yes they would send all 30 of you on a little vacation In a heartbeat. Believe me, the loads would still move. You don’t think 30 of you being sent on a 3 month vacation would necessitate the company closing up shop do you?
I guess we will keep rolling the dice till then. I have a very generous income insurance so I basically get a paid vacation

Trucker Clock

but I highly doubt they would terminate all 30 of our teams especially when we are still short on drivers.

UPS fired 250 Maspeth package drivers. 30 feeder drivers wouldn't even be a blip on the radar.

I guess we will keep rolling the dice till then. I have a very generous income insurance so I basically get a paid vacation

Good luck, because you may need it.

ManInBrown

UPS fired 250 Maspeth package drivers. 30 feeder drivers wouldn't even be a blip on the radar.

Good luck, because you may need it.
Bingo. Some people just don’t get it. I’ll never understand people playing stupid games with a job like we have. In all my time in package never once did I ever wonder, geez what’s in that box. This is a job where you do NOTHING wrong, unless you’re not that bright. I follow the rules to a T. There are people that would kill for our job. They’d send 60 sleeper drivers on a 3 month vacation in a heartbeat. So fast your head would spin.

ManInBrown

They walked a bunch of feeder drivers off in Stratford a few years ago. Not all Stratford drivers. But management got all bent out of shape because drivers were waiting on loads weren’t on UPS property. They were within shouting distance at a parking lot down the road. If you’ve never been to Stratford it’s a small property to wait on loads. They had a whole system where someone working in the hub would let drivers know as their loads were ready. Then one day somehody got a bug up their you know what and decided let’s send some drivers on a vacation. Do you think those loads still moved? Did the company close?

How about this then, I worry about my job, and you worry about yours. Not trying to be a d*ck, but you can give me all of “ In (insert hub here) they walked out (insert # of drivers here) you don’t think blah blah blah.” Listen I get it, thank you everyone for trying to help out, I appreciate it, I really do and we can get into measuring contests all day about it.