Sleeping in late tomorrow. Thank you ice storms.

SmithBarney

I'm PM, I drove by at 9am they hadn't started yet, after my meeting drove by at 10:15... they were still there..
I came in later, and when I ran into some folks, they were pissed that I wasn't called in to help.. LOL
even if they called I probably wouldn't have come in, too many other things going on. I'm not an on-call employee(unless you want to pay me to be)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm PM, I drove by at 9am they hadn't started yet, after my meeting drove by at 10:15... they were still there..
I came in later, and when I ran into some folks, they were pissed that I wasn't called in to help.. LOL
even if they called I probably wouldn't have come in, too many other things going on. I'm not an on-call employee(unless you want to pay me to be)

Fred wants you to always be available. He just doesn't want to pay you for it.

SmithBarney

I once got 2 hrs call in pay to go check the Alarm at the building..(I live 5 minutes away)
If I wasn't already on my way to get milk, I would have not gone.

P1 Lates

We WCO' sters say: When the road is dry, confidence is high! Keep the ice and snow far far away..we don't get much but when we do its always a doozy.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

We WCO' sters say: When the road is dry, confidence is high! Keep the ice and snow far far away..we don't get much but when we do its always a doozy.

Same here in my part of Texas....we usually get a few days of bad weather, this past winter was one of the worst that I remember ever seeing.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I got a call this AM. 45 min. later start.
As I'm sure we're all aware, it's a national service disruption day, again.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I got a call this AM. 45 min. later start.
As I'm sure we're all aware, it's a national service disruption day, again.

There's only one real reason for it, and that's so Fred doesn't have to live up to any service promises. In short, if you're a customer, you don't get your money back.

newgirl

Fedex lost big time when they were sued by the gov't about security delays because of 9/11. The whistleblower got 1.4 mil herself. How is this BS any different? (google Mary Garofolo fedex whistleblower if you don't know what i am talking about.)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Fedex lost big time when they were sued by the gov't about security delays because of 9/11. The whistleblower got 1.4 mil herself. How is this BS any different? (google Mary Garofolo fedex whistleblower if you don't know what i am talking about.)

I do know what you're talking about, and FedEx got dinged big time for faking "delays". They still do this with some large businesses, which will go unmentioned for legal reasons. The National Service Disruptions get abused because FedEx knows that they can probably get away with it by claiming weather problems, whether or not there really are any. Certainly, this time of year, bad weather is frequent, but the NSD takes FedExoff the hook for any payout for late deliveries.

The one upside is that you get to straightline your route.