Slide wax/lubricant

Nimnim

The Nim
>.> as has been said already it's most likely lithium grease, but there's so many other mechanical/industrial lubricants out there the company can use any one of them they desire if they feel the cost is low enough.

Stuff is amazing though, I was on light duty not too long ago an up in my debag area in small sort. It has a curved chute right before the belt and without the wax things would get stuck all the time, with the wax I watched packages doing flips as they caught air on the curve.

anonymous4

When they are out of wax (happens way too much), they try to use pledge and it doesn't work half as good. Wax on a chute can make or break an area. Lube that **** up!

W

want to retire

Bingo,
we have a winner,
in actually answering the question asked.
Lithium grease.
Scuderia,
you could get the same effect and durability, by just using using Crisco.
Both are very similar, in composition and function, and both are white.
:smart:
When I was young and poor, I had to rebuild VW engines to be able to get to work.
I used Crisco as the primary lubricant for pistons, rods bearings and all initial first starting wear points, because that was all I had, and could afford.
Side note, my little 1968 VW Bug would do 70mph at half pedal, 105mph at safe top end.
Scud, in the old days UPS just used basic wheel bearing grease to lubricate everything.

In the old days in Texas....they used door roller lube on EVERYTHING! It made a huge staining mess and automotive/mgt could give a rip(like now). They would spray doors and lock cylinders from 2 ft. away and the lube covered whatever it touched. They didn't even try to wipe up the excess......write up a difficult blkhead door lock.....it got covered in door roller lube....next....

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Jeez it's for my sister's kids second hand slide and play set I bought for them. They don't so much slide, but shimmy down the thing. But damn it doest take much to get you guys going. Lol!

Old school solution: sit on a piece of waxed paper while you slide down. Won't take long until it's too fast.

rod

Retired 22 years
In the old days in Texas....they used door roller lube on EVERYTHING! It made a huge staining mess and automotive/mgt could give a rip(like now). They would spray doors and lock cylinders from 2 ft. away and the lube covered whatever it touched. They didn't even try to wipe up the excess......write up a difficult blkhead door lock.....it got covered in door roller lube....next....

That must have been the crap our mechanic used. He had a big squirt bottle of it and I know he could stand in one place and lub the rear door rollers on 3 different trucks without taking a step. It was always really nice to do about a hundred miles of dusty roads after everything in your vehical was covered with that stuff.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
One part, unused supervisor ear wax, one part, tears from newly promoted supervisors, two parts, fat left over from turkeys never given away many X-mas's ago...all mixed with dead skin cells collected from supervisors offices and chairs. Mixed together, this putrid mix is terribly effective at greasing the skids. Also, it's 2 cents cheaper per tanker load than silicone.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
One part, unused supervisor ear wax, one part, tears from newly promoted supervisors, two parts, fat left over from turkeys never given away many X-mas's ago...all mixed with dead skin cells collected from supervisors offices and chairs. Mixed together, this putrid mix is terribly effective at greasing the skids. Also, it's 2 cents cheaper per tanker load than silicone.
Yeah, but the turkeys!...:(