Smart pickups

Geo926

What I'm not a fan of is business that use their daily delivery as a pickup. I know many places that every time I deliver, they say "oh and here's the ones for you" and proceed to give me packages. Sometimes they are RS labels which I don't care about, but other times they aren't. I feel like these people are getting a daily on area pickup for free.

That is so annoying. "Here I have a few for you." Then they proceed to wheel over 10-15 packages lol. Become a pickup jerkoffs!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You are there anyway. Not like you went out of your way. I always take pick ups when the customer ask, even a ground package on a Saturday.

Prepaid returns are one thing. It sounds like this customer is processing their packages through the website and handing them to the driver in order to avoid the weekly P/U charge.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
This is another area where its hard to imagine why customers would pick us over Fedex to ship with. I don't know the exact figures, but I hear we charge a monthly fee for the scale and other shipping equipment while fedex charges nothing. And our monthly fee is more expensive than theirs. On my route out of 35 pickups we've lost four to them when the FedEx rep came around and blitzkreig'd all the businesses. I suspect we would have lost more if the other customers weren't so loyal to us. What ammunition would the business rep for my area use to reclaim some of those businesses besides the promise of better, more reliable service? Seems like she sure can't use price points.

billerz

What do they do when we don't have a delivery for them that day?
Most of these places don't have that issue, there hasn't been a day I've covered where they don't have a delivery. Some of them however will flag me down. I would consider talking to some of them about getting a pickup, but I'm just covering, and I don't want to mess up whatever the bid drivers routine is. That's his call to make, not mine.

S

selfcancelsignal

What I'm not a fan of is business that use their daily delivery as a pickup. I know many places that every time I deliver, they say "oh and here's the ones for you" and proceed to give me packages. Sometimes they are RS labels which I don't care about, but other times they aren't. I feel like these people are getting a daily on area pickup for free.
I'm not a fan of this either. Cramps the flow. Take a 2 pound box into a business to deliver, "We've got this 1 for you." It's an over 70 irregular or 4 or 5 boxes. Sure let me go get my cart when I didn't need it in the 1st place. :censored2:s.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Most of these places don't have that issue, there hasn't been a day I've covered where they don't have a delivery. Some of them however will flag me down. I would consider talking to some of them about getting a pickup, but I'm just covering, and I don't want to mess up whatever the bid drivers routine is. That's his call to make, not mine.

Please don't get me wrong---you are doing the right thing; however, the bid driver should be working to get those stops set up as either a smart or daily pickup stop.

upschuck

I'm not a fan of this either. Cramps the flow. Take a 2 pound box into a business to deliver, "We've got this 1 for you." It's an over 70 irregular or 4 or 5 boxes. Sure let me go get my cart when I didn't need it in the 1st place. :censored2:s.
So, you are worried about losing revenue, but don't want to take the couple hundred dollars sitting in front of you, that is brilliant.