Smell and chaffing prevention...

OPTION3

Duluth trading....Buck naked underwear......the best made, longest lasting, comfortable, moisture wicking...underwear on the market

oldngray

nowhere special
One word........Commando.
Commando_underwear.jpg

Cementups

Box Monkey
Coconut oil, huh I'll have to give that a try when the weather gets warm.

You should google the mass amounts of uses for coconut oil. We originally started using it for oral use for what they call "oil pulling." You swish it around in your mouth approx. 20 minutes once or twice a week and it:

• Whiter teeth • Cavity and gingivitis prevention • Better breath (halitosis suffers also reported greatly improved morning breath) • Stronger teeth and gums • Less jaw pain (TMJ sufferers noted great improvement), sleep problems and sinus issues • Alleviation of headaches, hangovers and skin issues (reports have shown improvement in acne, psoriasis and eczema).

I can tell you from my most recent dental visit that it DOES make a difference. A ton less scraping. My hygienist was amazed (even though she's the one who recommended it).

Also, my wife uses coconut oil directly on her skin as a moisturizer. It really is an amazing product. Wish we had found it sooner.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
I toss the bottle in the floor of the shower so it will heat and liquefy a little. When I'm done showering I put it all over while still wet and then towel off. Works wonders for dry skin all year round.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You should google the mass amounts of uses for coconut oil. We originally started using it for oral use for what they call "oil pulling." You swish it around in your mouth approx. 20 minutes once or twice a week and it:

• Whiter teeth • Cavity and gingivitis prevention • Better breath (halitosis suffers also reported greatly improved morning breath) • Stronger teeth and gums • Less jaw pain (TMJ sufferers noted great improvement), sleep problems and sinus issues • Alleviation of headaches, hangovers and skin issues (reports have shown improvement in acne, psoriasis and eczema).

I can tell you from my most recent dental visit that it DOES make a difference. A ton less scraping. My hygienist was amazed (even though she's the one who recommended it).

Also, my wife uses coconut oil directly on her skin as a moisturizer. It really is an amazing product. Wish we had found it sooner.
Wait....you mean you use it like a mouthwash?? Never heard of that...does it leave a nasty taste/film in your mouth after?

Mr.Golden

If your feet stink, you should try actually washing them. They don't get clean with the soapy water running down off your body over your feet. You need to scrub them good. I used to have bad foot stink and once I started actually scrubbing and getting the bacteria off my feet, no more smell.

Chaffing I rarely have a problem with anymore. I use a powder called Zeasorb first and then Gold Bond in my crotch. Then I put baby powder over the rest of my upper legs that is covered by my boxer jocks to prevent the fabric from grabbing my leg hairs. When I'm not working I actually put coconut oil in my groin area to prevent jock itch. I've had bad cases of it before (and it never truly goes away) and coconut oil is THE BEST thing I've found thus far to get rid of it and keep it away.

Do you use coconut oil all year round or just the summer months?

In the summer months, I use a cup of baking soda in addition to detergent when I wash my uniforms and underclothes. It neutralizes the sour smell of sweat that detergent alone can't remove.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Wait....you mean you use it like a mouthwash?? Never heard of that...does it leave a nasty taste/film in your mouth after?
No, no film. And yes, you put it in your mouth in it's semi-solid form and it will liquefy pretty quickly as it warms up. Swish it a around for 10-20 minutes ( I put it in before I get in the shower and spit it out when done) Though DO NOT SPIT IT DOWN YOUR DRAIN. When it resolidifies it could potentially clog your drains. I keep a small dixie cup to spit it in and throw it in the trash when it's full. And then brush AND floss afterwards.

Do you use coconut oil all year round or just the summer months?

All year round, yes.

rod

Retired 22 years
I've got a friend who is nose deaf---absolutely no sense of smell. He runs the packer out at the local landfill. Its a perfect job for him.

ideliver2u67

20 Down
My father gave me a secret years ago, and I thought he was crazy. Get yourself some welding chalk and just put it in your pocket. Thats it. Its made out of soapstone and draws heat from the body. I've got guys at my center doing it and they cant believe it works, but it does. I use a half of stick in each front pocket. I bought a 3 stick pack today for $1.95. And it lasts for months.