SNEAKY PLAN TO TAX YOU PER MILE YOU DRIVE HIDDEN IN INFRASTRUCTURE BILL!

vantexan

If you buy a Tesla today, you will never replace the battery.

Nobody cares about what you have to do with your 10 year old battery tech, or your 3 year old battery tech.

Current batteries are lifetime batteries for your children's children.

I do have you on ignore. Curiosity got me and I checked.
And yet Tesla itself says that while the car is built to last a million miles the battery will have to be replaced every 300,000 to 500,000 miles. Not a small thing. And definitely not what you're saying.

vantexan

If it's a no-brainer to buy a gas car, why are a few million people per year going the other direction voluntarily, and spending a premium to do it?
Did you not read my post? Someone grossing $25k, his spouse $17k, with two kids isn't buying a Tesla. Until they can sell an electric car in the low 20k's that can run more than a few hundred miles between charges people will still buy the affordable gas car that they can run all day on trips.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Like any other rechargeable lithium-ion battery, the more charge cycles, the more wear on the cell. Tesla reported that the Model S will see around 5% degradation after breaching 25,000 miles. According to the graph, another 5% will be lost after around 125,000 miles.

wilberforce15

Like any other rechargeable lithium-ion battery, the more charge cycles, the more wear on the cell. Tesla reported that the Model S will see around 5% degradation after breaching 25,000 miles. According to the graph, another 5% will be lost after around 125,000 miles.
2 years old information is the same as 20 year old information.

Please, you just look desperate at this point.

bayetargeted

The U.S. Senate passed President Joe Biden's infrastructure bill with bipartisan support from 19 Republicans. Buried in the 2,700-page infrastructure package is a pilot program for a vehicle mileage tax. A vehicle mileage tax or vehicle miles traveled fee would charge motorists a fee based on how many miles they drive. Simply put, if you drive a vehicle, you will pay money to the government for every mile you drive. The time period can vary, but I guess it's going to be much easier when it gets added to paystub.

rickyb

cars are inefficient so there should be a tax

however this is bad for the poor. so there needs to be efficient luxurious public transport

rickyb

There already is taxes. Fuel and tire taxes bring in billions.
1 theory is to tax what we dont like. for example junk food or inefficient car transport

another theory is to lower cost of living for working class, so taxes could raise it in this case but public transport which should be free should lower it. this will make american industry more competitive than forgien industry.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
CA will start taxing the water drawn from a private well, which the state has no part in the construction, maintenance or use of in 2023.