So it begins

twoweeled

Individual workers negotiating with a big company for their pay and benefits? It happens everyday in this country. Next time you happen to be in a McDonald's or a Wal-Mart ask one the people working there how their negotiations went.
Do you really think there is any negotiations going on between McDonald's and the fry cooks? Learn the difference between negotiations and complaining. Do you really think McDonald's employees were organized in anyway and actually sat down with Micky and negotiated? Your reaching.

BigBrown1234

I agree with you.

Amazon, FedEX, On Track, DHL and the like are avoiding Unionizing by offering a minimum compensation package.

Some of them are offering guaranteed 8 hour days, flexible schedules, 401K match, medical, with starting wages higher than ours at UPS. (Most Part Time employees (at my shop) are 26 and under(use parents) and could care less about medical)

They point out the fact that gambling with a Union pension is not a good idea and show them examples of Failing Union pensions.

Trying to justify to a nonunion shop the necessity to pay union dues is getting harder and HARDER with these weaker and weaker CBAs.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Who cares about how McDonald's negotiations went? Look at ours? Look at what UPS's profits are doing, look at what our raises amount too. Look at the decreases in coverage You'll get when you retire. Look at what's happening to your job security (if your a driver). Look at what's happened to the grievances being heard (and ignored). Look at independent's bringing trailers into your yard, instead of new Feeder drivers -which holds back package drivers from going into feeder, and holds part timers from going into package. Who the hell cares about how McDonalds is doing in their negotiations? Look at what's happened right here to you.
Maybe McDonald's should be negotiating our contract.... it can't hurt!

twoweeled

I agree with you.

Amazon, FedEX, On Track, DHL and the like are avoiding Unionizing by offering a minimum compensation package.

Some of them are offering guaranteed 8 hour days, flexible schedules, 401K match, medical, with starting wages higher than ours at UPS. (Most Part Time employees (at my shop) are 26 and under(use parents) and could care less about medical)

They point out the fact that gambling with a Union pension is not a good idea and show them examples of Failing Union pensions.

Trying to justify to a nonunion shop the necessity to pay union dues is getting harder and HARDER with these weaker and weaker CBAs.
That's exactly what many companies are doing. In the past, I've spoken to Fedex drivers who had no urge to go union because Feded was treating them good! Thing are changing at Fedex now, but you are correct. Many companies are doing a balancing act to keep the unions out, and we're giving them ammunition to show their employees as you say.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Do you really think there is any negotiations going on between McDonald's and the fry cooks? Learn the difference between negotiations and complaining. Do you really think McDonald's employees were organized in anyway and actually sat down with Micky and negotiated? Your reaching.
That's my point. Do you really think you're going to be negotiating with UPS without a union?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I agree with you.

Is the starting wage more important the the top rate wage?

twoweeled

That's my point. Do you really think you're going to be negotiating with UPS without a union?
I probably wasn't clear on my point. If our negotiators were consisted of "true" voices from feeder drivers, package drivers, part timers, and retirees - do you think we would be where we are today? Fighting with our own people about the health plan? Being lied too about changes? Part timers being starting pay close to what they were 30 years ago? Package drivers working 12 hour days and weekends too? Retirees health plans going from $50 a month to $300 a month? Lies about where our health plans are, until they come and reduce it by 30% ? I'm guessing this would not be happening. And if it did, that group of brothers would be out the door. What say you, Mr Jones?

twoweeled

We had a center manager a few years back who would talk about coaching his kids football team in the PCMs. I honestly feared for this center manager's safety because a rather large percentage of the drivers would break from the PCM :censored2: as :censored2: because in their eyes the center manager was rubbing it their faces that he could spend time with his family but we didn't have that option due to the BS random dispatches.
The manager was probably just ignorant to what he was saying. But maybe he was shoving it to the drivers. Gotta just ignore that BS. Nothing is off the table with most managers. I remember when I would return from vacation. More often then not, the manager would take me in the office when I returned and show me the WOR, and express what a good job the utility driver did on my route and how much better his production was. My response was always the same. "Wow, that driver is really productive", while I turned to look at my manager with a smile on my face. Math in my mind was always; Mmm, work harder/faster and make less money. Or, work easier/slower and make more money!!! Sorry all you utility drivers. I gotta go with the work easier and make more money!

Sorry about the tangent. Point is, just ignore the managers as much as possible. They have their own focus. We have ours. Take care of you! Manager will take care of himself.

twoweeled

My kid plays my manager's kid every year. I have to burn an 8 hour request to make it to part of two of my kid's games per month. The xxxxxxx manager had the gaul to come up to me the morning after this year's game to complement my kid's team- that wiped the floor with his kid's team. Problem is I did not get to see the game!!!

This crap has to stop.
When I started, the average paid day was 8.3 hrs.
It jumped to 8.7 then 9.2 and now over 10.

Peak was about 50 hrs a week starting the week after Thanksgiving to a couple of days before Christmas. That would translate to 4 weeks this year. Not the entire months of November and December, 14 hours a day, 70 hours a week. Which is 9 weeks this year.
We need restrictions on peak hours. I don't instantly lose all other responsibilities 2 months of the year.
I don't disagree with your but the reality is, there are a lot of drivers who like that OT. I'm not sure where that split actually falls if a vote were to be taken. Good luck either way on that. Enforceable options would be nice.

BigBrown1234

Is the starting wage more important the the top rate wage?

CBA covers working conditions, so it’s not just about Top wages.

The Fedex drivers I know do not make as much but they are home by 5pm every day. Most of the drivers I know would trade wages for good hours any day.
The Fedex drivers I know dont work even close to as hard as we do at UPS

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

The Fedex drivers I know do not make as much but they are home by 5pm every day. Most of the drivers I know would trade wages for good hours any day.
But they don’t make $37 per hour either. Some guys want cash, some want less hours. It’s difficult to make everyone happy.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

And it's important to add that FedEx as a company makes plenty of profit... all of their divisions, not just ground....

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If our negotiators were consisted of "true" voices from feeder drivers, package drivers, part timers, and retirees - do you think we would be where we are today?

Do you think elected officials are just some random person off the street....

that has never done the job before ?

Part timers being starting pay close to what they were 30 years ago?

Yeah, that sucks. But do you know why ?

Package drivers working 12 hour days and weekends too?

That sucks too, but no one forced them into a package car job.

And nothing is preventing them.... from signing the 9.5 list.

Retirees health plans going from $50 a month to $300 a month?

All the more reason to plan for retirement, and stay healthy.

Just say'n dude.

-Bug-

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Do you think elected officials are just some random personoff the street....

that has never done the jobbefore ?

You can’t be serious

Tell me how many years Jimmy Jr.
Spent on a package car