So it begins

twoweeled

I’m surprised liberty mutual would even allow that to happen. What if someone gets in a serious accident while in own car delivering packages. I bet there is a 10 page waiver they have to sign making UPS not liable for any damage to vehicle or breakdown
UPS and Liberty Mutual are sorta one of the same. Liberty will rarely dictate to UPS. Not supposed to be that way, but that's the way it is.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
View attachment 161386
They have some nice looking books to thumb through

Awesome. Guys that are supposed to work with us putting the proposals out there for the Company to look at before we even start. That's bullcrap. No matter what side on politics or "vote no", this serves no purpose but putting us behind the 8 ball. Good thing those books were numbered and assigned so they could tell who is letting the info out there. I hope they kick him/her out of the Union.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Awesome. Guys that are supposed to work with us putting the proposals out there for the Company to look at before we even start. That's bullcrap. No matter what side on politics or "vote no", this serves no purpose but putting us behind the 8 ball. Good thing those books were numbered and assigned so they could tell who is letting the info out there. I hope they kick him/her out of the Union.
How does it make any difference? The proposals are the proposals

rod

Retired 22 years
Think these PVD dummies will lock their car during a stop? Hell they will probably leave it running. How long will it take for someone to rob them or steal the whole vehicle?

Damn--that's the way I operated for 30 years. I think I will go apply.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Giving anyone a peek at the others puts the person that peeked at an advantage. Arguments can be formed, costs of the proposals analyzed, creating new workplace rules to dilute the problem,etc.
Come in man?

They are supposed to be our proposals and what new workplace rules can they create during the present contract, that will "dilute the problem"?
Wouldn't using a proposal in this manner be a back door way of getting what we want in the end, enabling us to ask for something else in its stead?

Once they get to the tables, I get it.
But until then weren't they advertising that we'd be part of the process this time?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Come in man?

They are supposed to be our proposals and what new workplace rules can they create during the present contract, that will "dilute the problem"?
Wouldn't using a proposal in this manner be a back door way of getting what we want in the end, enabling us to ask for something else in its stead?

Once they get to the tables, I get it.
But until then weren't they advertising that we'd be part of the process this time?

Think the guy that was advertising that got “fired”

Turdferguson

Just a turd

It's a book cover dude. No inside information published. And it was the President of my Local who posted it. Good luck kicking him out, we have had civil war for the past year. Can't wait for it to end

Faceplanted

UPS and Liberty Mutual are sorta one of the same. Liberty will rarely dictate to UPS. Not supposed to be that way, but that's the way it is.
Liberty mutual will not provide their insurance. They will have to provide their own

Same as delivering for dominos. And just like dominos, if you get into an accident without proper coverage and your insurance company finds out you were using your car to deliver anything, they will not cover it and you will be dropped

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Liberty mutual will not provide their insurance. They will have to provide their own

Same as delivering for dominos. And just like dominos, if you get into an accident without proper coverage and your insurance company finds out you were using your car to deliver anything, they will not cover it and you will be dropped
That's why UPS is paying them milage rates, to represent that the Company is compensating them for being insured and road worthy.

This is UPS's only argument, that the contract does not specify that employees must deliver out of company vehicles.

twoweeled

It's nothing like the delivery man who delivers for Dominoes. Unless you refer to Liberty mutual as the del man and UPS as wk comp ins? You are talking about the way it's supposed to be. For all intents and purpose, UPS is self insured. I don't know the legal aspects of it, but rest assured - Liberty Mutual is not going to Push UPS around. Liberty Mutual will advise and guide, but UPS will dictate. I've seen it more than a few times. This is the reality of the relationship between UPS and Liberty Mutual. You get deep and stuck in the mucky world of workmans comp injury with UPS, and you may get a better glimpse of what really goes on, and who's top dog.

Faceplanted

It's nothing like the delivery man who delivers for Dominoes. Unless you refer to Liberty mutual as the del man and UPS as wk comp ins? You are talking about the way it's supposed to be. For all intents and purpose, UPS is self insured. I don't know the legal aspects of it, but rest assured - Liberty Mutual is not going to Push UPS around. Liberty Mutual will advise and guide, but UPS will dictate. I've seen it more than a few times. This is the reality of the relationship between UPS and Liberty Mutual. You get deep and stuck in the mucky world of workmans comp injury with UPS, and you may get a better glimpse of what really goes on, and who's top dog.
I don't think we're on the same page..

Pvds provide their own insurance just as dominos delivery drivers do. Dominos doesn't cover their vehicle insurance

If a ups pvd gets into an accident and their insurance company find some out they were delivering packages the claim will be 100% denied

I had a family member who delivered pizza get into a bad accident. Insurance found out they were delivering pizza. Whole claim was denied.

Liberty mutual will not cover the whole pvd fleet as they do ups owned trucks.