So it begins

Dr.Brownz

They tried to tell us PVDs will be for rural areas only. So they are sending out inexperienced drivers into questionable roads, they are asking for an accident and lawsuits.

Dr.Brownz

Yep. That'll really get somebody stuck, bit or shot.

When that happens, Im sure they will try to blame the FT driver who gave the PVD that work even though the stated purpose of PVDs (as per corporate d-bag last week) is to get to areas the regular truck cant get to. So I guess im ECDing every thing this year. Ho ho ho

twoweeled

I don't think we're on the same page..

Pvds provide their own insurance just as dominos delivery drivers do. Dominos doesn't cover their vehicle insurance

If a ups pvd gets into an accident and their insurance company find some out they were delivering packages the claim will be 100% denied

I had a family member who delivered pizza get into a bad accident. Insurance found out they were delivering pizza. Whole claim was denied.

Liberty mutual will not cover the whole pvd fleet as they do ups owned trucks.
Sorry, I was on a different page. I was really focused on the Workers comp end up Liberty Mutual. I had a bit of tunnel vision. I am not aware of the drivers insurance with UPS relationship. The Relationship between UPS and Liberty Mutual re: Workers Comp is incestuous to put it nicely. Sickening and can be hazardous to employees if not careful. Sorry

twoweeled

When that happens, Im sure they will try to blame the FT driver who gave the PVD that work even though the stated purpose of PVDs (as per corporate d-bag last week) is to get to areas the regular truck cant get to. So I guess im ECDing every thing this year. Ho ho ho
Purpose is to: "to get to areas the regular truck cant get to"? I guess I don't have to tell you. You won't be able to get to more and more places as time goes on. Curious! How have you been getting to these places in the past, that you can no longer get to? Inquiring minds wanna know.

35years

Gravy route
Purpose is to: "to get to areas the regular truck cant get to"? I guess I don't have to tell you. You won't be able to get to more and more places as time goes on. Curious! How have you been getting to these places in the past, that you can no longer get to? Inquiring minds wanna know.
Are you kidding?
I deliver rural in a state with plenty of dirt roads buried in snow.
I get to all of them.
They want to give away the gravy stops (for the driver) that UPS looses money delivering.

As far as I am concerned they can load those Prius driving Uber scabs with grease soaked industrial packages. If I am handing them the boxes it will be the 3rd floor apartments, over 50lbs boxes and irregs.

Our management "team" says the scabs will go to storage pods to get their boxes...bypassing the regular driver completely...

35years

Gravy route
Who gets sued if a leaking unlabeled or labeled corrosive get on the scab's hands or in his eyes. Oh...we never have un-labeled haz mats going thru the system do we... Will they train the scabs how to deal with haz mats?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
If the company wants to improve the bottom line there are three things they can do without touching the contract that could save them millions every day if implemented at every center. First is make sure feeders are getting where they need to be on time as a top priority, not just an after thought. Second, hire and work enough preloaders to ensure the trucks are all wrapped by pcm. And third, hire, train and retain competent dispatchers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If the company wants to improve the bottom line there are three things they can do without touching the contract that could save them millions every day if implemented at every center. First is make sure feeders are getting where they need to be on time as a top priority, not just an after thought. Second, hire and work enough preloaders to ensure the trucks are all wrapped by pcm. And third, hire, train and retain competent dispatchers.

Our BA has told us that the Company is very concerned about our late start times and will be addressing this and our staffing issues in the next contract.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Our BA has told us that the Company is very concerned about our late start times and will be addressing this and our staffing issues in the next contract.
Those issues are addressable any time?
Ask him what language needs to be altered in order to facilitate those changes.
Sounds like your BA may be inept, or in bed with the Company.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Those issues are addressable any time?
Ask him what language needs to be altered in order to facilitate those changes.
Sounds like your BA may be inept, or in bed with the Company.

...or perhaps it is you who possesses those qualities or cozy relationship...

I prefer to listen to a known quantity rather than an Internet blowhard....just sayin'.

A

Article 3

...or perhaps it is you who possesses those qualities or cozy relationship...

I prefer to listen to a known quantity rather than an Internet blowhard....just sayin'.
"Blowhard"? Look into the mirror.

Are you still trying to "hide behind the contract"? ...now that you're close to retirement and need your "Joe Union" BA's help.
First you insult @oldngray last night and now you disparage @Bubblehead .

You're a glutton for punishment.

A

Article 3

Why should they?

If ups was somehow to blame for the pension plans problems then ok they should help. But they aren't so why should they be punished?
They were in 1997. They offered $1,000 extra per month if the bargaining unit would cross the strike line. They know what they did. They sunk the pension even further because the union wouldn't give it up. They lit the fuse. Don't tell me they're not somewhat to blame especially in Central States Pension Fund.

They were in 1997. They offered $1,000 extra per month if the bargaining unit would cross the strike line. They know what they did. They sunk the pension even further because the union wouldn't give it up. They lit the fuse. Don't tell me they're not somewhat to blame especially in Central States Pension Fund.
You can't blame UPS for the central states failure