So it begins

oldngray

nowhere special
Not capping. Just making the first $2400 tax deductible. Their is over 23 trillion on retirement funds.

Similar to how they changed the rules on IRA's because so much money was being saved and the government wanted to get their cut of that huge chunk of change.

It was created to encourage retirement savings and was working too well.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
There was a contract proposal suggesting drivers could automatically bring stops back without mgt approval if you had too many and on the 9.5 list....guess Hoffa cut that out of the wish list...if done the right way this would have been some beneficial language....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There was a contract proposal suggesting drivers could automatically bring stops back without mgt approval if you had too many and on the 9.5 list....guess Hoffa cut that out of the wish list...if done the right way this would have been some beneficial language....

....unless you were one of the customers still waiting to have their package(s) delivered...

I believe the Central Region has this language in their supplement.

A

Article 3

Because nobody else contributes to it. UPS shouldn't be on the hook for other Teamsters
Nobody?
That 6 billion should of went into a seperate fund to supplement upsers.
It's hard to get re-elected doing that don't you know.
I am entitled to my opinion much like anyone else on this forum.
Lying (ignorantly or not) about other posters is not an opinion. For years on Brown Cafe you have called strong teamsters that support members rights "Joe Union" and claimed they "hide behind the contract" and now you want us to believe you're a Joe Union type and not the company advocate.

It's a little bit late to try to redeem yourself now that you're on the verge of retirement and want to appear loyal to union activity.

A

Article 3

....unless you were one of the customers still waiting to have their package(s) delivered...

I believe the Central Region has this language in their supplement.
You talk ALOT of trash about things you don't know anything about.
In the Central Region that (JAC decision) has to do with 8 he requests and is not in the cba "language" pertaining to 9.5s.
Go fish.

Nobody?

It's hard to get re-elected doing that don't you know.

Lying (ignorantly or not) about other posters is not an opinion. For years on Brown Cafe you have called strong teamsters that support members rights "Joe Union" and claimed they "hide behind the contract" and now you want us to believe you're a Joe Union type and not the company advocate.

It's a little bit late to try to redeem yourself now that you're on the verge of retirement and want to appear loyal to union activity.
Too many orphans is what I meant to say.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You talk ALOT of trash about things you don't know anything about.
In the Central Region that (JAC decision) has to do with 8 he requests and is not in the cba "language" pertaining to 9.5s.
Go fish.

There have been numerous posts on this forum about drivers with 8 hour requests in the central being allowed to bring back undelivered stops without retribution.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
There have been numerous posts on this forum about drivers with 8 hour requests in the central being allowed to bring back undelivered stops without retribution.

There is a Central Region JAC contractual interpretation allowing stops to be

brought back on an 8-hour request, as long as the driver gives "a normal days

performance". Meaning.... you can't go out and lay down, then bring back work.

Drivers should make every attempt, to allow the company the opportunity to

fix the problem before bringing back stops. It doesn't happen that often.

-Bug-

A

Article 3

Where is the post about 8 hr requests Mr USNY?
TTKU

twoweeled

Are you kidding?
I deliver rural in a state with plenty of dirt roads buried in snow.
I get to all of them.
They want to give away the gravy stops (for the driver) that UPS looses money delivering.

As far as I am concerned they can load those Prius driving Uber scabs with grease soaked industrial packages. If I am handing them the boxes it will be the 3rd floor apartments, over 50lbs boxes and irregs.

Our management "team" says the scabs will go to storage pods to get their boxes...bypassing the regular driver completely...
I was most definitely kidding. Big changes at UPS are rarely (if ever) advantages to us.

twoweeled

And now its gone.

Hindsight we should have let UPS buy out the pensions then but we messed up. We trusted the union more than the company.
As I recall, that option was never given to us. We knew it was out there, but the Union never made that offer to us. I guess it didn't work with the Union's plan? That's the way it's been for awhile. Sadly, It's possible we'd do better negotiating with the company alone. ie.
1. Negotiating with UPS, the company has to get something that benefits them also.
2. Negotiating with UPS through the Union, both the Union and UPS have to make sure "they both" get something out it.
We have two entities to please, instead of just one. Sad, but we're in a tough position here brothers! I think most of you see, Hoffa is just kicking that pension problem down the road for someone else to deal with. US!!!