So long Ziggy

oldngray

nowhere special
A couple of days ago I was watching his Ziggy Stardust show from early 1970's on Palladia. I thought it was a tie in with his new album but maybe they knew he had terminal cancer then.

wkmac

Sad to lose such a talent that spans across music, art and film. His new album BlackStar was released just a couple of days ago. Lemmy and now David, RIP to both.

In music history, IMO an event that served to bridge 3 generations in music as this was filmed in Sept. of 77'. Sadly we lost Bing a month later, Oct. 77', but this aired a month after Bing's death for his 1977' Christmas Special. Not sure anyone else in Rock music at the time could step up and do what David did.

wkmac

Nice memorial to David that was posted in social media:

A story about David Bowie: "Around 2002-03, David Bowie was on tour and he played my city. I had an acquaintance from da klubb who had cancer... 22 year old girl. Her cancer was so bad that tumors made it impossible for her to walk and she was in the hospital permanently when he came through. She left the hospital to see the show and she was the only person he let backstage. She was ecstatic. She immediately went back to the sterile cold hospital to deal with real life again... and the very next day he shows up unannounced to bring a little bit of happiness to her.

I hope he got all the support that he gave. It's not easy being around sick people, and he didn't have to. The world needs more people like him."

Requiescat in Pace, David. You sucked the marrow out of life and made your time count for something.