So who called off today to avoid the "unsafe conditions" of this winter blast?

vvv

Anyone care to share if they called off today, or if you did work was the drop off in driver attendance quite noticeable in areas of the cold grip?

Sure, we can all layer up as much as needed.....but no thanks. I'm not that hungry.

So I took a neutral corner and lazed around the house. And from the looks of the forecast for tomorrow I can see the same thing playing out.

My health, safety, and sanity come first before the boxes.

rod

Retired 22 years
Anyone care to share if they called off today, or if you did work was the drop off in driver attendance quite noticeable in areas of the cold grip?

Sure, we can all layer up as much as needed.....but no thanks. I'm not that hungry.

So I took a neutral corner and lazed around the house. And from the looks of the forecast for tomorrow I can see the same thing playing out.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The future of America is in these hands. we're doomed.

BA07BDFF-22B6-4625-AD3D-EBB5FDFE3651.jpeg

What do you think Rod? This man showed up ready to work in the cold weather, didn’t he? Lol.

Last edited:

WTFm8

They had like 8 drivers in today that haven’t worked a day in the last 2.5 weeks...mot because they staffed heavy, but because that many took off the day.

15min delayed start. Air was late, then they shuttled more out at 11.

9.5hr Orion planned day with 4” snow yesterday and now ice, another 1” today with 25moh winds drifing snow also... then the BS message around 3 asking everybody if they’ll make 9.5.

I ECd just over 20 stops when I took my air/international back at 7 cause I refused to go back out.

Made it a 9.5hr day by doing so haha

DOK

They told us they need all hands on deck, no call offs

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Over the years, I took plenty of sick days just because I didn't feel like working. Golf days, fishing days and just plain mental health days.

I never called off due to the weather.

DRporch

Where I am they called us back in at 5pm because our state is in a “state of emergency” fedex and usps both did not deliver today and post office also canceled tomorrow.

My only struggle in this cold is breathing. My toes got chills but other then that I was as warm as possible. cab was so cold my drinks would freeze before I can drink them