So, you want to be a trucker?

BottomFeeder909

Yes, I used the word trucker for those that may not be aware that most truck drivers would find the term trucker offensive.

My unintelligible and ignorant opinions are expressed below for what is wrong with UPS trying to make an RPCD into a feeder driver.

Most of us initially learned how to drive in a passenger car and some had the remarkable goal of becoming an RPCD. Now that's all well and good and I admire the wants and desires and determination of some talented individuals.

What's inherently wrong with the system is in most cases you cannot take an individual that has learned to drive in a passenger car and then has learned to drive a RPC and then try to take those learned skills and apply them to operating a tractor-trailer. In most cases it just doesn't work!

I would assume that most feeder drivers that are in the circle of honor and or learn to drive a truck from a truck driving school or a transportation provider have the concept that operating a tractor-trailer is nothing like an unarticulated vehicle.

The unsafe acts and behaviors I see in the yard on a daily basis sometimes just scares the smile* out of me and I fear for myself and those around me. The feeder drivers I admire go about things very smoothly and calmly driving like they are being closely monitored by image capturing devices and are being judged by persons they admire or have friendships and love for persons that are important to them.

How many audible and visual distortions are created minute by minute by the unnecessary usage of illuminating devices of a tractor-trailer while maneuvering in the yard creating unnecessary distractions and visual elements that deter the proper acknowledgment of a true hazard situation.
How many times have you not been able to properly see a situation because it's being masked by especially a visible obstruction like illuminated headlamps that are directly facing you and you are not able to see beyond these headlamps to see around under over?
Rant over. Thank you for your time attention and consideration.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Yes, I used the word trucker for those that may not be aware that most truck drivers would find the term trucker offensive.

My unintelligible and ignorant opinions are expressed below for what is wrong with UPS trying to make an RPCD into a feeder driver.

Most of us initially learned how to drive in a passenger car and some had the remarkable goal of becoming an RPCD. Now that's all well and good and I admire the wants and desires and determination of some talented individuals.

What's inherently wrong with the system is in most cases you cannot take an individual that has learned to drive in a passenger car and then has learned to drive a RPC and then try to take those learned skills and apply them to operating a tractor-trailer. In most cases it just doesn't work!

I would assume that most feeder drivers that are in the circle of honor and or learn to drive a truck from a truck driving school or a transportation provider have the concept that operating a tractor-trailer is nothing like an unarticulated vehicle.

The unsafe acts and behaviors I see in the yard on a daily basis sometimes just scares the smile* out of me and I fear for myself and those around me. The feeder drivers I admire go about things very smoothly and calmly driving like they are being closely monitored by image capturing devices and are being judged by persons they admire or have friendships and love for persons that are important to them.

How many audible and visual distortions are created minute by minute by the unnecessary usage of illuminating devices of a tractor-trailer while maneuvering in the yard creating unnecessary distractions and visual elements that deter the proper acknowledgment of a true hazard situation.
How many times have you not been able to properly see a situation because it's being masked by especially a visible obstruction like illuminated headlamps that are directly facing you and you are not able to see beyond these headlamps to see around under over?
Sounds like you’re unhappy being passed on the seniority list by package car drivers and you came off the street as feeder. Am I right?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Great another crybaby whining about headlights being on in the yard.

Guess what buddy, ups policy here is to have your headlights and 4 ways on in the yard. I don't make the rules.
My unintelligible and ignorant opinions are expressed below.
On this we agree.

BottomFeeder909

Guess what buddy, ups policy here is to have your headlights and 4 ways on in the yard. I don't make the rules.
On this we agree.

I'm not your buddy. A buddy is someone you hire for your personal hygiene usually near a rest area or truck stop you can find them on the CB radio advertising their services or they will come knock on your door.

I didn't say anything about policy. Anybody with any sense would see that the policy is * up!

Last edited by a moderator:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I'm not your buddy. A buddy is someone you hire for your personal hygiene usually near a rest area or truck stop you can find them on the CB radio advertising their services or they will come knock on your door.

I didn't say anything about policy. Anybody with any sense would see that the policy is friend up!

So, how long you been truckin?

kick it back

Mack37

I always thought it was a little odd the way they do it but whatever works. Most companies do what the insurance company dictates and most insurance companies wouldn’t sign off on this.

On this we agree.
We used to only use parking lights when driving in the yard. Helped a lot when trying to spot trailers and or package cars. Any more all the package cars have daytime running lights. While I do agree with BF 909 original post, he may have taken it to the extreme.

oldngray

nowhere special
Anyone the cliff notes to the first post?
Orange man.gif