Somali pirates

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Do you know why these ships don't allow weapons onboard ?
Its to prevent the crew from killing the captains.

TOS you seem to have missed the military actions that the Indian Navy took.
You know actually shooting at these terrorists . It worked, unfortunately they also shot at a non-pirate boat, oops.
Bottom line is these terrorists always get paid.
They know that & expect it.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yepper. An M84 non-lethal stun grenade at beddyby time, pirates stunned and disoriented, Seals grab them and put them to sleep one last time.

The End.
I like the way you think.

WKMAC if you ever have felt wrongly edited, or anyone else please advise us. Most of us dont read every post and only correct ones that are reported. Now if one of yours got reported and the next guys didnt he probably skated. Not meant to show favoritism.
As for THE OTHER SIDE, I cant be accused of being a Beckie, a Rushie or a Right winger. I just have my views. I have no problem dealing with anyone on this forum at work or in life. I respect the views of many on here that I know supported Obama. I appreciate the views of Jones, and Diesel, for starters, who bring much to the forums, without insults. We can disagree, without being disagreeable. (This is an Obama statement) One I happened to hear from him when I was listening to him on some left wing station, as Im not always tuned into the same thing.
No One needs to come here and try to make us all the same. We are not, which is why its a wonderful place. Ive learned alot, maybe you can also.

Channahon

TOS.

There is no need to defend the President of the United States - Barack Obama. He is the the Commander in Chief, we all get that.
He was elected to lead the country in the right direction, be that domestically or internationally, thats his job.

And as far as I remember this is the first time a US ship has been hijacked. So the American people expect some sort of action, unlike other countries in the world.

Is that too much to ask?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
TOS.

There is no need to defend the President of the United States - Barack Obama. He is the the Commander in Chief, we all get that.
He was elected to lead the country in the right direction, be that domestically or internationally, thats his job.

And as far as I remember this is the first time a US ship has been hijacked. So the American people expect some sort of action, unlike other countries in the world.

Is that too much to ask?

Like I said, OBAMA will send whoever and whatever was needed to do the job. Now its time to give up the OBAMA is weak talk.

He's shown more courage than BUSH and leadership with positive results.

I guess he can WALK THE WALK.

Sorry to bust your bubbles...FAUX news will have to find another story to beat down hour after hour.

:surprised:

wkmac

WKMAC if you ever have felt wrongly edited, or anyone else please advise us. Most of us dont read every post and only correct ones that are reported. Now if one of yours got reported and the next guys didnt he probably skated. Not meant to show favoritism.

I appreciate the comments Tooner and one of the reasons I didn't bring it up was the fact that the mod was correct according to the rules of changing my post and I have no problem. And for the record it wasn't you. However my post did slam republicans and the party pretty hard and a few posts later when similar language was used and in support of republicans ideals/values and by someone here who tends to champion such causes, it's hard not to draw the wrong conclusion whne nothing happened there. I'll concede the point that this one in question slipped the cracks and we'll leave it there. Water over the dam and out to sea!

I still think you guys do a great job with all us "drama queens" here who have no life :happy-very: Yeah I realy don't take this $chitt serious! :wink2:

You know this forum for the potentially volitale issues discussed does amaze me that it doesn't go nuclear as little as it does. I'm familar with other political sites and OMG! it's almost a daily drama. Even the main UPS forums which I rarely visit often have a thread restating site policy regarding treatment of fello BSers ....uh I mean BCers. :tongue_sm We might see something in this forum once in a blue moon as a blanket treatment across the website but rarely has anyone had to come here and spank hands.

We may disagree on many levels and it may get elevated but at some point it reels itself back in too. At the same time watching the UPSers here does give me some hope for larger society so even though I think all of your ideas for life and society suck :wink2: you do have my respect!

Lastly, I'm glad to see the captain was freed from the pirates and tip of the hat to President Obama and to the Seal Team a job well done!

over9five

Staff member
He will lead, he will send who he has to. He will see to it that it gets settled without a single shot being fired. Thats what a good leader does, and this ISNT 200 years ago. So, that dopey story can die its own death.

Hmmm, and wasn't it The Other Side who said Obama will show restraint?
Thankfully, The Other Side was wrong again!

Kudos to Mr Obama! (if indeed he had anything to do with this).

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Capt. Richard Phillips was in "imminent danger" of being killed before snipers shot the pirates in an operation authorized by President Barack Obama, Vice Adm. Bill Gortney said.

Gortney, the commander of U.S. Naval Forces Central Command, said the White House had given "very clear guidance and authority" to take action if Phillips' life was in danger.

Sounds like he did what we generally expect the Commander in Chief to do in this type of situation.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The best thing Obama could have done in this situation...is to keep his mouth shut and let the professionals who are on the scene handle it. Which is exactly what happened, which is why the pirates are dead and the captain is safe.

This problem will not end until the shipowners stop paying ransoms and start arming the crews.

The Israelis have adopted a hard line on terrorism and hostage-taking in that they refuse to negotiate with terrorists and will not under any cirumstances bow to the demands of hostage takers. We need to adopt the same attitude.

bigbrownhen

What I read of the story, a request for permisson to take action was requested twice to the president by the dept. of defense. It was granted Saturday morning, if the captains life was in "immediate" danger.

Seems the negoations broke down and they took action. I'm sure the Navy seals were involved. They did a remarkable job!!!!! It could have gone very badly.

I also read that one of those pirates buddies on the mainland said,"It's very sad for our friends to die, they should have tried harder to kill the captain before they were killed. We will learn alot from this." This isn't an exact quote, but the message is the same. These people are poor and desperate with not much hope to their situation changing. Hostage taking is becoming rampant across the globe. There are still several hostages taken from other ships still in Somolia.

I agree that ransoms shouldn't be paid, but if it was someone I loved, I can't say I wouldn't change my mind. The bright side of this situation is now it has brought worldwide attention to the pirates. Perhaps now something will be done about them.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
Left or Right, we should not be taking crap like this from anyone. Killed three and have one captured. Rescued the captain, now it should be game on. I saw on the news that they don't want to arm the ships because of how much the insurance would be. WHAT,,,, so we just give them millions of dollars. The world is a funny place sometimes.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Why is it that no one mentions the action that the French took recently, they took back the boat, with one countryman killed.