Some preloaders today threatened write up if clock out

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
Get this. Today I over heard some loaders try to leave after their shift was over at 9 because one had school and the other had another job. They were being made to clean up and load the other belts because ups is so cheap they don’t want to pay for the guys they need. A union steward ended up going with them to clock out and made damn sure the sup was set straight. I can’t believe that :censored2: would try to threaten them like that.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Get this. Today I over heard some loaders try to leave after their shift was over at 9 because one had school and the other had another job. They were being made to clean up and load the other belts because ups is so cheap they don’t want to pay for the guys they need. A union steward ended up going with them to clock out and made damn sure the sup was set straight. I can’t believe that :censored2: would try to threaten them like that.
Work as directed. If they tell you you can't go home yet you can't go home.

unloady

That is ridiculous. Part time at UPS is not a real job. They need to realize this. If you are not working fulltime on top of your ups shift you still live with mommy and daddy.

Box Ox

Get this. Today I over heard some loaders try to leave after their shift was over at 9 because one had school and the other had another job.

Preload shifts have official end times now?

Glad the guys could leave for job/school with the steward's help. The sup should have pulled volunteers to stay longer before it became an issue.

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
Get this. Today I over heard some loaders try to leave after their shift was over at 9 because one had school and the other had another job.

Preload shifts have official end times now?

Glad the guys could leave for job/school with the steward's help. The sup should have pulled volunteers to stay longer before it became an issue.

Right? The way I see it ask for volunteers. Then if no one does let the guys with things to do go home and then those with seniority go. But apparently they signed out of all the clock in screens so there wasn’t even an option for these guys to sign out. Sounds like kidnapping to me

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
WAAH... THEY ARE MAKING ME WORK ON THE CLOCK. WAAAAH. ...

giphy-1.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Right? The way I see it ask for volunteers. Then if no one does let the guys with things to do go home and then those with seniority go. But apparently they signed out of all the clock in screens so there wasn’t even an option for these guys to sign out. Sounds like kidnapping to me
Kidnapping? Good lord you're dramatic.

F

Frankie's Friend

Looks like the group will all get diarrhea, migraines, and nauseated stomach at 8:59 for days on end starting monday.

dudebro

Get real. It is a PT job for $10/hr and no benefits. And you have to pay Union dues to get treated like dirt.

But that's the job they agreed to, HR is very clear about this in orientation, and no one put a gun to their heads to sign up on the website and show up for an interview.

Don't come, apply for the job, get hired, and then assume you can do whatever you want when you get here because you feel the pay is inadequate. You had agency and agreed to come work for the wage offered.

But that's the job they agreed to, HR is very clear about this in orientation, and no one put a gun to their heads to sign up on the website and show up for an interview.

Don't come, apply for the job, get hired, and then assume you can do whatever you want when you get here because you feel the pay is inadequate. You had agency and agreed to come work for the wage offered.
I guess you could say the same thing about the new 22.4 drivers.

F

Frankie's Friend

Dude, just because you're management it doesnt mean that you can lie about and withhold the true conditions of work for part timers. Your garbage post makes me sick.

They dont tell you that most of the people in your work area will quit due to abuse and pay that doesnt equal the effort put forth to complete the job leaving you with extra hours to cover that you didnt sign up for.

The company's inability to keep employees puts a huge strain on the remaining workers and that issue is not the existing part timers fault.
You care about workers safety and well being? I think not.
Screenshot_20180826-115726_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20180826-115344_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20180826-115807_Messages.jpg

Gee, I wonder why the turnover and injury rate is so high?

Reality is never trumped.