Something we already knew.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Why is not important so long as they do.

It's important because they are being exploited. It's also important because this doesn't have to be the "new normal" you're talking about. I guess we're all supposed to fall to the ground and kiss Fred's ring because he has decided we can work for him for the crap wages he wants to pay. This is the new Romney/GOP "middle class used-to-be's" who formerly were able to maintain a decent lifestyle because they got a decent income.

$13 x 50 weeks at 40 hrs per week is only $26,000 per year. Oh, and no benefits. You know where you can shove your "new normal".

Goldilocks

I work in a job that makes nearly 100k. Don't want to say too much in regard to my job. What I do is keep it real. I have a supervisory role. Many people don't understand how things work and what's going on. I'm morally against what I do for a living working for a company like this ans I intend on walking away and starting my own business within a year. This is nothing to be proud of. It's all a game we all lose.

You sound like a decent person with morals. I wish you luck and only wish there were more people in this company like you. Follow your dream with your heart, many managers and up follow their dreams with their wallet.

bbsam

Staff member
You sound like a decent person with morals. I wish you luck and only wish there were more people in this company like you. Follow your dream with your heart, many managers and up follow their dreams with their wallet.

he isn't going anywhere. He won't be able to find anything that he won't find either "morally objectionable".or financially rewarding enough. That is "keeping it real".

Goldilocks

he isn't going anywhere. He won't be able to find anything that he won't find either "morally objectionable".or financially rewarding enough. That is "keeping it real".

BB, I dont like to mix my religious beliefs on a forum, but God is my Comander in Chief. I like many of express employees, we have tried to follow our hearts by doing the RIGHT thing. People that are greedy and cruel will pay the ultimate price. There have been so many cruel things done to people at Express. One thing comes to mind, a very nice courier that did his job well but looked a little different was followed by an ops manager(that was later fired) who hated him and wanted him gone. This guys grandchild was abducted and found murdered. She was mutilated and sodomised. He was gone for quite some time but when he returned, that ops manager followed every step he made and made is life a living hell. He was terminated for something stupid, shortly after he lost his grandchild. There are many stories like this. Power and Greed will get you nowhere in life.....

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I don't know about that, but I do struggle with the fact that Jesus never did condemn slavery....
Struggle all you want. You go out of your way sometimes trying to justify all the abuse of power and kool-aid drinking.