Soon to be feeder driver.

Hey fellow brown members. My building is new and I just wanted to get some tips for feeders. I live in California and have the CDL handbook I'm just not sure on what sections I should read and what sections I shouldn't and if I should focus on one more than the other. Thanks boys.

Mr. Sir

Box slinger
0C2489AA-C938-41AD-8FDE-20D6E9447383.gif

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Before you go crazy and learn all this , what is your employment status here ??
Full time , part time , are they running a school ? You just don’t wake up one morning and decide you’ll be a feeder driver !
Hope you get in and realize how it’s done !

Before you go crazy and learn all this , what is your employment status here ??
Full time , part time , are they running a school ? You just don’t wake up one morning and decide you’ll be a feeder driver !
Hope you get in and realize how it’s done !

I'm part time and they are hiring 60 feeders, and I'm number 49 out of 875.. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the position.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I'm part time and they are hiring 60 feeders, and I'm number 49 out of 875.. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the position.
Good for you ,,, part time to feeder unheard of on the east coast , get that cdl permit asap
General knowledge
Air brakes
Combination
Doubles and triples (same-test)
You’ll be ready to go when they start !! Don’t take all the test at once , study for a few , pass. ,,, study the others then take ,, cut hair , clean shave when school starts , Good luck

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!

Don't get your permit until they tell you to.

Where I am permits are good for 6 months and can only be renewed once in a two year period. If you time it wrong you could have permits expire and have to wait to be eligible for another one (depending on your state).

barnyard

KTM rider
If only there were a thread where feeders would post tips and new guys could read through and ask intelligent questions based on what they already read. Man, that would be really useful.

jaker

trolling
You in Cali and going from PT to feeder then you must be up north in Cali , because in socal no PT is going feeder

Read everything in the book that concerns you and take pracice test until you got it

Last edited: