Soon to be feeder driver.

jaker

trolling
Is this just for people getting their CDL for the first time?
Yes , but it depends on when was The last time you took a test for the DMV And this is for Cali

When I got my motorcycle I had to retake the car one also them and then two years later I got my CDL and had to take them all over again , I think if you haven't done it within a year they make you take them over

Indecisi0n

Yes , but it depends on when was The last time you took a test for the DMV And this is for Cali

When I got my motorcycle I had to retake the car one also them and then two years later I got my CDL and had to take them all over again , I think if you haven't done it within a year they make you take them over
That's dumb.
Most guys tell you take it section at a time. Normally your schooling is a few weeks out so one week take general knowledge. Then the next take doubles/triples etc. This way you aren't overwhelmed.

Johney

That's dumb.
Most guys tell you take it section at a time. Normally your schooling is a few weeks out so one week take general knowledge. Then the next take doubles/triples etc. This way you aren't overwhelmed.
Overwhelmed? It's only like 125 questions or something like that, seriously it's not that hard. I studied over a holiday(memorial) weekend and did online practice tests. I went on that Tuesday and passed all of them first time, by no means aced em, but passed. One thing I do remember is READ the question's thoroughly they will word them different and a you think you got the right answer, but don't. The DMV here is a PITA so going multiple times is too frustrating.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Overwhelmed? It's only like 125 questions or something like that, seriously it's not that hard. I studied over a holiday(memorial) weekend and did online practice tests. I went on that Tuesday and passed all of them first time, by no means aced em, but passed. One thing I do remember is READ the question's thoroughly they will word them different and a you think you got the right answer, but don't. The DMV here is a PITA so going multiple times is too frustrating.
I did it the same way, I went to DMV read through the book right there in the lobby and then took all the tests but not everyone can do that. It really depends on how good you are at taking tests, I've always found multiple choice tests like that to be a piece of cake because the answer is right there in front of you all you have to do is eliminate the wrong answers at least two of which will be really obvious. Some people just process information differently though, I know a couple guys who did the "one test at a time" routine. It's whatever works for you at the end of the day, as long you pass it's all good.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
That's dumb.

If you process things that slowly you better start practicing your pre-trip routine ASAP! I had 20x the amount of work learning the pre-trip vs the endorsements, but I am also a good test taker. The new pre-trip can be a real pain.

This isn't rocket science!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
That's dumb.

Show the guy at the desk your love muscle

He’ll probably pass you on the spot

Driver7906

Along with studying, go to www.truckercountry.com and take all the CDL written practice tests for air brakes, general knowledge, combination vehicles and doubles and triples. They'll help you pass your tests to obtain your permit.

After you pass your pre-trip and CDL test to get your license, you don't have to worry about studying to pass it ever again (but it's still very useful knowledge that you'll have to know to do a daily pre-trip). But study your butt off and get it done. If you don't mind the hours, feeder is the best job in the company.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not the same here, those review questions wouldn't have helped much.
I did do most of my studying while waiting though, I was there for hours. Our DMV's are a complete disaster.

I went to our local DMV to renew my license. I could have done it online but I needed to update my photo. I had all of the paperwork done and was the first person in line when the counter opened. It took the clerk 30 minutes to complete the process. Doing the math, if they are open for 8 hours and it takes them 30 minutes per transaction that means each clerk (there are 2-3 on duty per day) can only do 16 transactions on the average day.