Sooo I did something bad

trickpony1

Just be aware they are going to start putting misloads on you to catch you. You must be squeaky clean. Don't do it again.

I agree.
The OP might get away with doing this ONCE. I sure wouldn't chance it again.
How is the OP going to feel telling his family, this holiday season, that he got fired for doing something stupid?
Don't falsify anything.

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
Why call?? Finish your last package, sheet as missed and drive back. If you sent them in as you found them it's up to them to get back to you, you did your part. Unless you want to run them off then it's not on you at that point.
our center has a policy during peak, nobody returns to the building without calling in first and nobody sheets a pkg up as missed without speaking to a sup first. my route as well as the routes north and south of me are all split routes and one day we may have 100 stops and the next day 230. both of those guys have helped me out and i call in to return the favor when i'm able. i'm also happy to get at least one hour OT every day.

Zowert

Remember not sending in misloads just screws over other drivers.

This, I was missing three pieces one day (including one NDA). They were miss loaded onto a training route’s pkg car. Well the new guy didn’t page them in as miss loads and definitely didn’t deliver them. He just left them in his cargo at the end of the night and the unloaders tossed them on the belt. Management cornered me the next day wondering what the hell was up. I only found out it was the new guy because a day later he asked me what he’s supposed to do with miss loads... Please page in that stuff in, especially if you have multiple pieces to one route.

iruhnman630

I hate to say it, but I would have a hard time showing sympathy for you if you got in trouble for it.

ALWAYS put the burden of the decision making on them. Scan them and report them.

If they tell you to run them take a nice long break, eat dinner, then tell them you're estimated rtb is 21:00, with air, and see how fast they change their minds

Ghost in the Darkness

Lol... call the building?! I don't answer when sups call me, why would I call the building. They try to pull that crap with being over 9.5. They get my eta... if they can't do the math thats not my problem.

11.19igrad

You actually deserve to get fired. But without a witness or willingness to grab the camera footage you’ll only be questioned about it. If anything at all. Karma will prevail. Next summer (if you’re still employees at UPS) when you are digging through that metal oven, and sweating bullets trying to find your next stop, just stop for a second and remind yourself that you too refused to send in misloads.

Scan everything and ASAP. Don’t wait until you get back to the center. Scan as a misload as soon as you find them and then immediately sheet as missed. That way your ass is covered should you be told to bring them back or if management comes and retrieves them and attempts to hide them.
damn

ZeroHandicapper

Olympic Preload Gold Medalist
Today was a very bad day, 13 hour day. No excuses for what I did though. I had 18 misloads. 18. Found them just stuck in my 5 shelf. Didnt send any of them in. I took them all off my truck and stuck them in the clerks send again pile.
I did a very bad thing. What are they chances they will check the cameras or really dig to see who did this? At the time I didn't care but now I'm worried sick.
I should have sent them in and sheeted them. Take this as a lesson.
Hopefully you get terminated and never get your job back. You and your kind are the worst of the worst with any company. UPS is probably the only job you have ever had and think having a union job is how the real world is. Thoughts and prayers to you getting :censored2: canned and serving fries forever.

Not Rushin’

Today was a very bad day, 13 hour day. No excuses for what I did though. I had 18 misloads. 18. Found them just stuck in my 5 shelf. Didnt send any of them in. I took them all off my truck and stuck them in the clerks send again pile.
I did a very bad thing. What are they chances they will check the cameras or really dig to see who did this? At the time I didn't care but now I'm worried sick.
Do the job properly, don’t lose your temper and you’ll always be able to sleep at night. I would be shocked if they didn’t figure it out, being it’s such a large number. Good luck

AKCoverMan

So you deliver the misloads in your truck?

We load our own cars, so not surprisingly misloads are pretty rare on my car. But it can happen, we all human. If it does, yes I deliver it if possible. Why would I not? ..that’s why we get paid.

Now, can you explain why sheeting packages as missed is “best part of your day”?

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Remember not sending in misloads just screws over other drivers.

This, I was missing three pieces one day (including one NDA). They were miss loaded onto a training route’s pkg car. Well the new guy didn’t page them in as miss loads and definitely didn’t deliver them. He just left them in his cargo at the end of the night and the unloaders tossed them on the belt. Management cornered me the next day wondering what the hell was up. I only found out it was the new guy because a day later he asked me what he’s supposed to do with miss loads... Please page in that stuff in, especially if you have multiple pieces to one route.
That would be an instant DQ.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
We load our own cars, so not surprisingly misloads are pretty rare on my car. But it can happen, we all human. If it does, yes I deliver it if possible. Why would I not? ..that’s why we get paid.

Now, can you explain why sheeting packages as missed is “best part of your day”?
maybe that’s how it works in your tiny little building with 5 drivers..not here. We don’t load our own trucks , I deliver what’s on my package car ,that’s my job...everything else gets sheeted MISSED!

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

So, what happened bob
You fired still working or what?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
18 unsheeted packages??
Bruh, just sheet them missed when you get back. A 13 hour day is a 13 hour day; what difference would it have really made had you sent the mis loads in??
That’s how we know you’re a rookie.
A vet driver literally gets excited to send a mis load in ASAP on a 13 hour day.
All that it means is that you’ll probably have to break route at some point to meet up and pass them off....aka....A BREAK FROM WORK on a 13 hour day you dummy
Alas, everybody does dumb sh** when we first start. Hopefully they showed peak mercy on you.
Just remember, 13 hours is 13 hours. This is peak. No matter what you do, you make the same amount of money, and you’re not going home before 10. So you might as well do the job correctly, brother

AKCoverMan

I deliver what’s on my package car ,that’s my job...everything else gets sheeted MISSED!

And your apparently very happy about “MISSED”. I am trying to see why.

So you just blow off mislolads, because those customers don’t matter? I mean if your out of hours or management says to not to run em well ok but it sounds like you take it upon yourself to just say friend it and blow the customers off, and your very pleased with yourself about it. I don’t understand that attitude toward the people who make Friday paydays possible. Hint: it’s not UPS or the Union.

Whither

Scofflaw
And your apparently very happy about “MISSED”. I am trying to see why.

So you just blow off mislolads, because those customers don’t matter? I mean if your out of hours or management says to not to run em well ok but it sounds like you take it upon yourself to just say friend it and blow the customers off, and your very pleased with yourself about it. I don’t understand that attitude toward the people who make Friday paydays possible. Hint: it’s not UPS or the Union.
Ha! How many times have each of us sent in misloads well before the deadline and never heard a peep about them?

Personally I get the biggest kick out of sheeting damaged packages missed. Within 30 minutes, without fail: "WHY DID YOU SHEET 1234 DINGUS LANE MISSED"

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
How long have you been in supervision?