Sooo I did something bad

AKCoverMan

...so you think management would want me to deliver a misload 25 miles away just to make sure the customers feelings don’t get hurt?
I don’t know.. is it a medical NDA critical? I’ve delivered misloads further than that.

But I’m not saying missed can never happen. I’m just asking you for third or fourth time why you seem to get pleasure out of sheeting missed, I find it regrettable to have a service fail even if it was unavoidable. But you said it was the “best part of your day”. I just don’t get that, my brother,

And yes, I think we should care about the customers feelings being hurt, They are the only reason we get paid. Then money does not come from UPS or the Teamsters. It all comes from shippers and receivers.

AKCoverMan

He's not going to understand. He gets 1 misloads a month. You get 5 or 6 a day.
This is true today as I load my own car in a satellite building. But I was a FT cover driver in city for over a decade working out of center with full preload. My record was eleven misloads on car. Took two hours at end of day but only one missed (was management decision as it was going to be an hour one way to that stop).

I understand wanting to be done at end of route and understand that delivering misloads may not always be practical 524, but I don’t understand enjoying having missed. That’s all I’m trying to get Mech to answer.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
This is true today as I load my own car in a satellite building. But I was a FT cover driver in city for over a decade working out of center with full preload. My record was eleven misloads on car. Took two hours at end of day but only one missed (was management decision as it was going to be an hour one way to that stop).

I understand wanting to be done at end of route and understand that delivering misloads may not always be practical 524, but I don’t understand enjoying having missed. That’s all I’m trying to get Mech to answer.
I love sheeting packages missed! especially on perfect service Monday! IT’S THE BEST PART OF MY DAY !!!!
🧔✊

AKCoverMan

I love sheeting packages missed! especially on perfect service Monday! IT’S THE BEST PART OF MY DAY !!!!
🧔✊
Again I ask... why? Why do you find joy in service failure? My guess is that you hate management so much you think you are getting back at them with missed. You fail to realize that your management does not pay you. Your customers do.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
1606688576430.jpeg

🧔✊

AKCoverMan

It isn't his failure.
It is a failure of Management
Management is the ENEMY
Management just employees with different job than mine.

I never said it was his failure, I just said it was sad that he takes pleasure in it. At the very least would think driver would be happier to see no misloads than to be sheeting up as missed. It certainly isn’t the Customer’s fault. Perhaps it’s just s regular reorder of paper towels or whatever and customer won’t even notice if it comes today or tomorrow....

On other hand we had PVD brought back 15 out of about 50 stops as NSN. Every one was good address. Two were UPS Critical shipments. Another was three large NDA pieces for a regular customer who was leaving next morning to go to the north slope and needed this equipment. They were pretty damn glad we made effort and got packages delivered that day. Service does matter.

We get too tangled up with hating management that we forget that. Just my opinion I guess, but as for me I’ll keep trying to take care of the customers.