Sorters? Wax?

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Every building is supposed to have wax concentrate that they dillute with water and put in a spray bottle. If for some odd reason they don't have any, ask the center manager to order some. The concentrate ups uses is essentially Pledge (the furniture polish).

A couple of points based on what I've read in this thread:
Hourlies shouldn't be up walking on metal chutes anyway. Yes, it is done everyday and when I worked inside picking off 30 feet above the concrete below, I often found myself jumping up and down on packages inside a spiral chute because there was no other way to get to the packages. If you can't reach a jam in a metal chute with a hook, you shouldn't be up walking on the chute because there is no safe way to do it. You're taking a risk walking on slippery slanted metal, usually high off the ground.

Next thought: If you're a sorter/pick off, aside from the sort aisle, how hard you work and how well your night goes often depends on wax. You often have to push harder for the same result without wax. That being said while we should give the company nothing, it's understandable that people would consider spending their own money on a can of pledge to cut down on the strain on their body. I considered it when I was a pickoff but never actually spent any of my own money. I did however bitch and moan when I ran out of wax until I got some. Squeaky wheel...

This is a management problem. If you are spending your own money to do your job, you're doing it wrong.