Southwest Package Rider

542thruNthru

I bet you don’t. People are miss informed and Andy M will tell it like it is.

So you saying part times that are married, single, have kids or struggling with 2 or 3 jobs will vote no to this 22.4 job?

$34.79 Wage per hour
$13.21 Pension per hour
$14.53 Healthcare per hour
$62.53 an hour in benefits
$130,060 a year total compensation

These numbers are ONLY on a 40 hour work week. There is no overtime added in.

Look man I respect your opinion and don't totally disagree with it but you need to realize a couple things.

Lots of PT want catch up raises and don't like the idea of new hires making the same as them. Also lots of PT workers don't want to drive especially for less then we make and with no protection.

The best selling point of 22.4 is fulltime pension contributions and sadly the only people that care about that are people with less then 10 years left.

This contract sells it's self to older drivers more then younger drivers and Cover Drivers in my local see it as just another long wait for RPCD jobs.

I didn't hear Andy M was coming. I would like to meet him.

LagunaBrown

Look man I respect your opinion and don't totally disagree with it but you need to realize a couple things.

Lots of PT want catch up raises and don't like the idea of new hires making the same as them. Also lots of PT workers don't want to drive especially for less then we make and with no protection.

The best selling point of 22.4 is fulltime pension contributions and sadly the only people that care about that are people with less then 10 years left.

This contract sells it's self to older drivers more then younger drivers and Cover Drivers in my local see it as just another long wait for RPCD jobs.

I didn't hear Andy M was coming. I would like to meet him.
I heard he was and hope you get a chance to talk with him. We have our difference in opinions and you meeting will be a good barometer.

542thruNthru

Well my building seems to be split with this contract. Wondering about other buildings in the Southwest. Be honest because there really is no reason to lie.

Our Feeder drivers that I've talked to have all said they will be voting yes. Actually had a feeder driver only upset that they can't get on 9.5

Most FT drivers that I've spoke with have went from No's to Yes ever since they found out their work week is guaranteed. They also don't seem to care about 22.4. More upset about the 70 hour language.

The Cover Drivers I've talked with still hate it and plan on voting no.

PT is a mix. Most seem just happy they are getting a raise.

What's it like where you are?

Smashmouth

Do you guys in the sothwest still have language in your supplement to request an 8 hour day? Ours got totally deleted, which just points more to the fact that 22.4s will be used to take our OT.

542thruNthru

Do you guys in the sothwest still have language in your supplement to request an 8 hour day? Ours got totally deleted, which just points more to the fact that 22.4s will be used to take our OT.

Your 8hr language was taken out? What supplement are you? 8hr language is in the Master.

Grey

Well my building seems to be split with this contract. Wondering about other buildings in the Southwest. Be honest because there really is no reason to lie.

Our Feeder drivers that I've talked to have all said they will be voting yes. Actually had a feeder driver only upset that they can't get on 9.5

Most FT drivers that I've spoke with have went from No's to Yes ever since they found out their work week is guaranteed. They also don't seem to care about 22.4. More upset about the 70 hour language.

There are drivers that I’ve talked to that have no idea what’s in the contract or when the vote is. I’m not sure they realized it was extended if the union guys hasn’t been passing out flyers at the guard shack. I think a lot of RPCD’s think it won’t really affect them either way. The union stewards I talk to recommend a yes vote.

There are drivers that I’ve talked to that have no idea what’s in the contract or when the vote is. I’m not sure they realized it was extended if the union guys hasn’t been passing out flyers at the guard shack. I think a lot of RPCD’s think it won’t really affect them either way. The union stewards I talk to recommend a yes vote.

Many drivers just see $40/hr and no weekends....many others don't even know wtf is going on. Just last month I explained what the 2-man committee was to a 23 year driver....ignorance is bliss my friend...

542thruNthru

Many drivers just see $40/hr and no weekends....many others don't even know wtf is going on. Just last month I explained what the 2-man committee was to a 23 year driver....ignorance is bliss my friend...

It's sad I had to do the same thing. People wonder why the Union officials do whatever they want. It's because 90% of the workforce is clueless.

LagunaBrown

First off why would I lie? I tell you guys all the time how most people are just regurgitating the stuff they read on the vote no page. I also tell you to it will get passed because low turnout. Most guys don’t care enough to go to meetings or do any research. That being said I think most are just in a whirlwind of who to believe. A lot of guys are upset with 22.4’s but over all most are on the fence. One day they good the next day they are asking questions and having doubts. Older guys are for it because the unlimited retiree cap. I think the biggest thing I noticed was drivers are so bitter at the company the just want to vote no to shove it up there ass but don’t understand the delicate situation we are in. All in all Personally I think the west will pass but by what margin?

542thruNthru

First off why would I lie? I tell you guys all the time how most people are just regurgitating the stuff they read on the vote no page. I also tell you to it will get passed because low turnout. Most guys don’t care enough to go to meetings or do any research. That being said I think most are just in a whirlwind of who to believe. A lot of guys are upset with 22.4’s but over all most are on the fence. One day they good the next day they are asking questions and having doubts. Older guys are for it because the unlimited retiree cap. I think the biggest thing I noticed was drivers are so bitter at the company the just want to vote no to shove it up there ass but don’t understand the delicate situation we are in. All in all Personally I think the west will pass but by what margin?

Whoa settle down man I didn't mean you I meant everyone in general. Just want people to be honest and not just spread their view of the contract.

jaker

trolling
I have a few things I don't like , but the rest I am ok with

The part time is one , I feel everyone who is below the new starting pay should make the new starting pay ( just like minimum wage is )

I just don't see the purpose of 22.4 except for money on both ends , because better RPCD language could fix those issues

I have a few things I don't like , but the rest I am ok with

The part time is one , I feel everyone who is below the new starting pay should make the new starting pay ( just like minimum wage is )

I just don't see the purpose of 22.4 except for money on both ends , because better RPCD language could fix those issues

Everyone below starting pay gets bumped up to starting pay or GWI, then gets either the next tier start pay or the GWI, whichever is greater.

Ok I understood , so what are PT talking about catch up raise

Say you've been pt for a 4 years, you make somewhere around $12.00. That's $2 more than a new-hire. Now, you move to $13/hr because that's the new rate, your 4 years means nothing because you make exactly what a new-hire makes. Many feel they deserve an extra couple of dollars an hour to make up for that.

jaker

trolling
Say you've been pt for a 4 years, you make somewhere around $12.00. That's $2 more than a new-hire. Now, you move to $13/hr because that's the new rate, your 4 years means nothing because you make exactly what a new-hire makes. Many feel they deserve an extra couple of dollars an hour to make up for that.
That is normal in the rest of the country also. If minimum wage is 8 and work my ass to get to 10 and minimum jumps to 10 that's the way it is and not just at ups

542thruNthru

Yes, line crossed through it all and said delete section....I'm in the red-headed step child southern!! POS!

You still have 8 hour requests. Looks like your region allowed the company to go from 48hours to 5 days like we have.

So from now on when you want a 8hr day you will have to give them 5 calendar days notice to get it.

Yeah that's a concession for sure.