Southwest Package Rider

542thruNthru

Everyone else has a thread so I though I'd start one for us.

I've seen it and it has some good changes and if the Master does pass I feel confident that RPCDs will not have to worry about being " laid off" on Mondays.

542thruNthru

Thank you Mason.....

67264445.jpg

LagunaBrown

I've seen it and it has some good changes and if the Master does pass I feel confident that RPCDs will not have to worry about being " laid off" on Mondays.
Funny I been saying that all along. The 22.4 is also a upgrade from the cover driver language and most of all the retiree language gets a huge bump if all the contracts pass. It’s important to take care of our retirees in the Southwest because they have taken care of us.

dogs.bite.me

Funny I been saying that all along. The 22.4 is also a upgrade from the cover driver language and most of all the retiree language gets a huge bump if all the contracts pass. It’s important to take care of our retirees in the Southwest because they have taken care of us.
It is an upgrade to TCD language.

I was a TCD for 5 years. I wish I had those 5 years of ft credit to my pension benefits.

542thruNthru

The point still remains that I don't agree with 22.4s and there really shouldn't be a reason for this language. I'm just happy to know that bases have been covered if this NMA passes.

Smashmouth

Is that the same confidence you had when they created the cover driver language and said it was only going to be to cover vacations, and illnesses, but somehow found a way to have part timers working as cover drivers for years. Everyday they violated the contract, I would file for that 1 day of seniority to make me a full time driver...took 5 years working full time hours before they made me full time. So if you think for one second this company wont twist this language and do exactly what they want to save money, then you havent worked for UPS long enough!

542thruNthru

Is that the same confidence you had when they created the cover driver language and said it was only going to be to cover vacations, and illnesses, but somehow found a way to have part timers working as cover drivers for years. Everyday they violated the contract, I would file for that 1 day of seniority to make me a full time driver...took 5 years working full time hours before they made me full time. So if you think for one second this company wont twist this language and do exactly what they want to save money, then you havent worked for UPS long enough!

I never supported the creation of PT covers but workday-workweek language is different then cover driver language.

LagunaBrown

The point still remains that I don't agree with 22.4s and there really shouldn't be a reason for this language. I'm just happy to know that bases have been covered if this NMA passes.
Because we been using Cover drivers who are similar to the 22.4 that language doesn’t scare me like other areas. They could have rolled over loads this contract and didn’t. The 8 hour 5 consecutive protection has always been the key. The retiree language and taken care of them in the Southwest is HUGE. A no vote could take away and screw them. What are your feelings on that?

Last edited:

dogs.bite.me

Because we been using Cover drivers who are similar to the 22.4 that language doesn’t scare me like other areas. They could have rolled over loads this contract and didn’t. The protection has always been the key. The retiree language and taken care of them in the Southwest is HUGE. A no vote could take away and screw them. What are your feelings on that?
Don’t use scare tactics. They don’t work.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
It’s not a scare tactic. It’s a reality, know the difference.
It's not reality. It's a scare tactic, know the difference.

Because we been using Cover drivers who are similar to the 22.4 that language doesn’t scare me like other areas. They could have rolled over loads this contract and didn’t. The 8 hour 5 consecutive protection has always been the key. The retiree language and taken care of them in the Southwest is HUGE. A no vote could take away and screw them. What are your feelings on that?
They did roll over loads out of monday, tons of it, from October to May. Paying drivers and PTers alike who (as a whole) had a lower progression wage than most M-friend drivers.
A no vote will not lead to negative effects, keep in mind that a split vote is very likely, no on the NMA and yes on the regional.

LagunaBrown

It's not reality. It's a scare tactic, know the difference.

They did roll over loads out of monday, tons of it, from October to May. Paying drivers and PTers alike who (as a whole) had a lower progression wage than most M-friend drivers.
A no vote will not lead to negative effects, keep in mind that a split vote is very likely, no on the NMA and yes on the regional.
And full time drivers got to choose to go home or work and get paid if they rolled work over. They did not get laid off. This is the Southwest thread buddy.

542thruNthru

Look I agree the retiree language is great and the healthcare improvements are amazing for them.

The fact still remains that again we are going to screw the guys behind us to take care our ourselves. The same thing we seem to be doing in almost every contract before.

You're right the retiree language could go away if we vote no but the opposite is also true. It could remain and we could gain in other areas.

I don't agree with 22.4. This company is doing great and it using pension woes/gains to help push it through in my mind.

Don’t use scare tactics. They don’t work.

It's not a scare tactic. Its a legitimate question. It could go away of course it could not also.