Spouse work transfer

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
True, you’ll also lose your building seniority. However, you can keep your job and the majority of your benefits / time off accrued.

I’ve only seen one military spouse transfer. The other two were spouses work transfer. You basically have your spouse move first, then claim the hardship. That way the company is more compelled (not required mind you) to give you the transfer.

Like I said before, I have seen it three times. I also am in NorCal joint council 7 jurisdiction. We allow transfers in our JC but for some reason we are not part of the western conference transfer agreement.
If you are out of the local you are out of the pension system.

Heavy Package

In the near future my wife may end up getting transferred in state for her job. Considering any hub in my region, the waitlist to transfer is many many years long. What am I supposed to do? Leave UPS as an uneducated 35 year old and work at Home Depot?

Yup. Future You.

nick-offe-e1435007110850.png

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
True, you’ll also lose your building seniority. However, you can keep your job and the majority of your benefits / time off accrued.

I’ve only seen one military spouse transfer. The other two were spouses work transfer. You basically have your spouse move first, then claim the hardship. That way the company is more compelled (not required mind you) to give you the transfer.

Like I said before, I have seen it three times. I also am in NorCal joint council 7 jurisdiction. We allow transfers in our JC but for some reason we are not part of the western conference transfer agreement.
What if wifey is going out of the conference before she files for divorce?

browndevil

Yo
In the near future my wife may end up getting transferred in state for her job. Considering any hub in my region, the waitlist to transfer is many many years long. What am I supposed to do? Leave UPS as an uneducated 35 year old and work at Home Depot? :censored2: that! Is there anything UPS would offer/help me to stay within the company in the area my wife and kids would be relocating? Or am I just SOL? I’m not interested in starting over with no college degree in my mid-30’s. Heck, I’d even go into management if it meant I’d still be on the payroll. What you guys think?
u can transfer to any building in our NorCal Supplement. So furthest east is Reno NV. I know the wait list is long. Good luck and I hope everything works out

542thruNthru

In the near future my wife may end up getting transferred in state for her job. Considering any hub in my region, the waitlist to transfer is many many years long. What am I supposed to do? Leave UPS as an uneducated 35 year old and work at Home Depot? :censored2: that! Is there anything UPS would offer/help me to stay within the company in the area my wife and kids would be relocating? Or am I just SOL? I’m not interested in starting over with no college degree in my mid-30’s. Heck, I’d even go into management if it meant I’d still be on the payroll. What you guys think?

If you don't mind me asking. Where are you trying to transfer to?

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
If you don't mind me asking. Where are you trying to transfer to?
Grass Valley. I’ve been on the traditional transfer list for two years now but may take another 5 years for that to go through. I may just have her move the family there and I’ll stay here and crash at my sisters house rent free. Maybe they’ll have sympathy if my family has already moved.

542thruNthru

Grass Valley. I’ve been on the traditional transfer list for two years now but may take another 5 years for that to go through. I may just have her move the family there and I’ll stay here and crash at my sisters house rent free. Maybe they’ll have sympathy if my family has already moved.

Good luck man. Hope you get it soon.
Though if it's going by seniority. Sympathy won't get you very far.