Stacey Abrams -- GA Gubernatorial Candidate

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
In Atlanta's West End neighborhood yesterday.View attachment 220907
I usually try and stick up for Snopes ... I know they are slanted to the left and jump on anything that denigrates Repugs but they are usually 'honest' in their investigation and publications.

On this one they pulled a 'Slick Willy' "What's the meaning of 'a'?".
I guess a bunch of Black Panthers carrying 'Assault Rifles' and 'Stacey Abrams Governor' signs may not be on Stacey's payroll but they were definitely acting on the behalf of Stacey's campaign.

Black Panthers for Stacey Abrams.jpg

Last edited:

newfie

I usually try and stick up for Snopes ... I know they are slanted to the left and jump on anything that denigrates Repugs but they are usually 'honest' in their investigation and publications.

On this one they pulled a 'Slick Willy' "What's the meaning of 'a'?".
I guess a bunch of Black Panthers carrying 'Stacey Abrams Governor' signs may not be on Stacey's payroll but they were definitely acting on the behalf of Stacey's campaign.

View attachment 221286

these sites usually alibi the transgressions of the left and convict the right

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
who would have thunk it when we used to watch the civil rights march's in the sixties

Atlanta was peaceful during the Civil Rights Era compared to other parts of the country. It was other places where the Democratic Governors used the water hoses and attack dogs on protesters like Gov. George Wallace did in Alabama. As the home of MLK there were many peaceful marches and I remember a lunch counter protest. Atlanta Mayor Ivan Allen's leadership oversaw a peaceful transformation away from segregation. I was born on Peachtree Rd. in Downtown Atlanta, I witnessed it. We tolerate each other a lot better here than a lot of places I have visited North of the Mason-Dixon Line.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Atlanta was peaceful during the Civil Rights Era compared to other parts of the country. It was other places where the Democratic Governors used the water hoses and attack dogs on protesters like Gov. George Wallace did in Alabama. As the home of MLK there were many peaceful marches and I remember a lunch counter protest. Atlanta Mayor Ivan Allen's leadership oversaw a peaceful transformation away from segregation. I was born on Peachtree Rd. in Downtown Atlanta, I witnessed it. We tolerate each other a lot better here than a lot of places I have visited North of the Mason-Dixon Line.
Try New Jersey ... I thought rural Georgia was racist until I started going to New Jersey a lot for work.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I was thinking of Baltimore, my wife's family is from the Dundalk area. I was astounded the first time I visited there.
Yep ... I went into North Baltimore very frequently.
And don't forget York, Pennsylvania. That was where a lot of people I worked with lived.
I got to see a lot of this behavior coming up from Georgia ... typical stereotyping that people from the South are racist and bigoted.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Atlanta - the city too busy to hate.

MAKAVELI

Yep ... I went into Northwest Baltimore very frequently.
And don't forget York, Pennsylvania. That was where a lot of people I worked with.
I got to see a lot of this behavior coming up from Georgia ... typical stereotyping that people from the South are racist and bigoted.
Well, you're from the south and you are racist and bigoted........

newfie

Yep ... I went into North Baltimore very frequently.
And don't forget York, Pennsylvania. That was where a lot of people I worked with lived.

some of that stereotyping was well earned and well deserved. and yes there is racism everywhere and pockets like york and dundalk where it also existed in abundance. any way you shake the stereo typing my original point that its remarkable that the south is now seriously considering black governors and now much more progressive and welcoming is not that outrageous considering where we came from in our life times. you can take it as offensive to remember where we came from or you can take it as a compliment that the south has progressed so nicely.

BrownArmy

Speaking as a Yankee who lived in the South for a decade, the North is just as racist as the South, but in different ways.

What’s sad is that we’re still racist in 2018.

vantexan

Speaking as a Yankee who lived in the South for a decade, the North is just as racist as the South, but in different ways.

What’s sad is that we’re still racist in 2018.
What's sad is in 2418 liberals will have white men standing on their heads, bending over backwards, whatever it takes to not appear racist but liberals will still say they are. Even after the uprising on Mars that massacred all the libs there because the conservatives couldn't take it any more.