Staffing and market increases

yadig

Exactly!

Those corporate cheapasses will never figure out that concept.
They figured it out and they are on plan to make FedEx a contractor model. It makes the most sense to me. It’s cheap labor, no benefits and all the money stays at the top. It’s a win, win,
convince people to work cheap and democrats will be there to provide healthcare, food stamps, etc..

!Retired!

It’s happening in the Denver market. Some stations have a $2.50/hr premium, others don’t. Also just heard today that our area has bumped up a hiring referral bonus to $1000.
You want to refer me and we'll split the $1000? Then I'll retire again before PEAK

bacha29

They figured it out and they are on plan to make FedEx a contractor model. It makes the most sense to me. It’s cheap labor, no benefits and all the money stays at the top. It’s a win, win,
convince people to work cheap and democrats will be there to provide healthcare, food stamps, etc..
It's called corporate welfare. Saw a report a few months ago that said that 44% of the people who are currently receiving some form of public welfare benefits work full time. Once all the bad press started laying some heat on WM it finally compelled them to try to move wages up closer to a family sustainable level.

Mutineer

It's called corporate welfare. Saw a report a few months ago that said that 44% of the people who are currently receiving some form of public welfare benefits work full time. Once all the bad press started laying some heat on WM it finally compelled them to try to move wages up closer to a family sustainable level.

I would guess that in California, It's waaay more than 44%.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Have been hearing some rumors of certain stations getting a raise while others in same market aren't. Anyone hear this? Supposedly due to staffing but the stations not included are just as bad. Sounds about right.

I'm glad you brought this subject up as I was just thinking the same thing. I guess they've been trying to do a market increase in my area for over 3 years now, but the a-holes up above keep refusing. I know we have staffing issues too. We have only a handful of handlers left where I'm at as almost everyone bailed. But until FedEx faces the real threat of a union forming, they will continue to do this song and dance of maybe we'll give you a raise, maybe not, maybe next year. They don't care about the constant turnover or not having anyone even bother applying for their jobs. All these corporate executives are interested in is their own personal gain.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I’ve heard from every courier I’ve seen from the station I retired from that they’re crazy short handed. I texted my old SM and asked if FedEx changed the policy on retirees working. He said a retiree can be a casual. Nope. Not interested. I’ll work PT for benefits and that’s it. Too bad for him.

FalconAss

It’s happening in the Denver market. Some stations have a $2.50/hr premium, others don’t. Also just heard today that our area has bumped up a hiring referral bonus to $1000.
Why would anyone refer a friend or family member to work here. Years ago my son was in training with Express. He got a call for UPS and I told him to get up from the computer and run don't walk. To the rose sniffer, you are mid level management at Walmart. 🍻

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
They figured it out and they are on plan to make FedEx a contractor model... It’s cheap labor, no benefits and all the money stays at the top. It’s a win, win,
Hmmm.

It makes the most sense to me.
You think Express is going to turn tens of thousands employees and vehicles over to contractors, who are just waiting to jump on at the opportunity, when Ground is having issues attracting and maintaining enough contractors to deliver Ground freight.

Sounds like you've really put a lot of thought into this.

Questions Needed Answered

They figured it out and they are on plan to make FedEx a contractor model. It makes the most sense to me. It’s cheap labor, no benefits and all the money stays at the top.
All until the contractors say "nope, our piece of the pie isn't big enough" and walk and then they're up the proverbial creek. Not that that would ever happen ... oh ... wait .... Who am I kidding though? FedEx really doesn't give a rip about any of this. They don't care about service; refunds have been non existent for how many years now? They don't care about the image; WalMart vest anyone? They don't care about the employees; increase referral bonus to get new hires suckers that haven't hit burnout yet. The whole thing is a circus.

Last edited:

Questions Needed Answered

It's called corporate welfare.
You mean similar to the FedEx Express Work Opportunity Tax Credit? No, surely FedEx wouldn't take advantage of the gubment like that.

Yep, seems like what I'm seeing. The most galling part is that veterans are grouped in with the rest of them. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

Last edited:

yadig

It's called corporate welfare. Saw a report a few months ago that said that 44% of the people who are currently receiving some form of public welfare benefits work full time. Once all the bad press started laying some heat on WM it finally compelled them to try to move wages up closer to a
Hmmm.

You think Express is going to turn tens of thousands employees and vehicles over to contractors, who are just waiting to jump on at the opportunity, when Ground is having issues attracting and maintaining enough contractors to deliver Ground freight.

Sounds like you've really put a lot of thought into this.
It won’t happen overnight

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You also said you used to think it’d be a tough road for them going forward with this, now you don’t. You still haven’t answered my question, what changed your mind?

Now you’re saying it won’t happen overnight, ‘ya think?

FedEx will be lucky if they can pull it off in a decade. Both Express and Ground are having enough of a battle finding suckers to deliver and p/u their overpriced packages. Something radical needs to change but the top brass don’t want to lose their gravy-train they’ve been so used to, so they refuse to implement change unless it puts more money in their pockets. The way I see it, the bottom is gonna fall out before the problems are solved.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
What's your timeframe? Ground is rumored to have major problems with contractors. How long until they find enough contractors to staff (what I'm guessing is at least) twice as many routes and buy twice as many trucks?