Staffing and market increases

Lates

Many areas need a market increase right now we get the premium pay extra 3 an hour. If they got rid of it I’d start looking for another job. 18 an hour doesn’t cut it in my area.

bacha29

What's your timeframe? Ground is rumored to have major problems with contractors. How long until they find enough contractors to staff (what I'm guessing is at least) twice as many routes and buy twice as many trucks?
Now you're talking sense....for once. Fat Freddy and Raj are the people responsible for making Ground contracting the unattractive venture it has become today and they've been at it for the past several years. To run a successful multi service freight transportation network the business model right from the beginning has to be structured with that intent. You can't just go out there and buy up a bunch of smaller competitors then try to nail them all together thinking that they can work effectively and efficiently together.....And I agree with you. Converting Express to contractor would be the final nail in the coffin. You can get away with using contractors for spot work here and there running less time sensitive freight but for time sensitive shipments both air and ground they're simply not suited for the task but Fat Freddy and Raj thought they could be and now they are discovering the error of their ways.....And I say good for them.....and may their greed be their undoing.

Questions Needed Answered

$21.80 (assuming the premium and the step given last year) doesn't cut it either. There are factories all over advertising $23+ an hour to drive a forklift. As I stated before (which for some reason drew the ire of a couple of questionable personalities on this board) I look at it from a different perspective than some since I don't have to have this job, however, if the job were made more difficult and / or paid any less I think I'd probably leave as well. Not a snowball's chance in Hell that I'd recommend the job to someone as a long term career prospect if they were just beginning their tenure. There are far too many opportunities with much greater upside i.e. actual raises instead of "uh oh, we're about to loose a significant amount of our workforce, quick, someone throw them some scraps to keep them happy until we can hatch the next scheme" raises.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
$21.80 (assuming the premium and the step given last year) doesn't cut it either. There are factories all over advertising $23+ an hour to drive a forklift. As I stated before (which for some reason drew the ire of a couple of questionable personalities on this board) I look at it from a different perspective than some since I don't have to have this job, however, if the job were made more difficult and / or paid any less I think I'd probably leave as well. Not a snowball's chance in Hell that I'd recommend the job to someone as a long term career prospect if they were just beginning their tenure. There are far too many opportunities with much greater upside i.e. actual raises instead of "uh oh, we're about to loose a significant amount of our workforce, quick, someone throw them some scraps to keep them happy until we can hatch the next scheme" raises.
Sounds like there’s a forklift waiting for you.

FalconAss

Now you're talking sense....for once. Fat Freddy and Raj are the people responsible for making Ground contracting the unattractive venture it has become today and they've been at it for the past several years. To run a successful multi service freight transportation network the business model right from the beginning has to be structured with that intent. You can't just go out there and buy up a bunch of smaller competitors then try to nail them all together thinking that they can work effectively and efficiently together.....And I agree with you. Converting Express to contractor would be the final nail in the coffin. You can get away with using contractors for spot work here and there running less time sensitive freight but for time sensitive shipments both air and ground they're simply not suited for the task but Fat Freddy and Raj thought they could be and now they are discovering the error of their ways.....And I say good for them.....and may their greed be their undoing.
Why do you think Raj think this way? Because of Dano's response? The dude is a nobody like the rest of us. He has no inside knowledge. Literally no knowledge inside.

bacha29

Why do you think Raj think this way? Because of Dano's response? The dude is a nobody like the rest of us. He has no inside knowledge. Literally no knowledge inside.
Given the bodily orifice into which he has his head inserted on a regular basis you would think that he would at least have a little bit of insider information.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Why do you think Raj think this way? Because of Dano's response? The dude is a nobody like the rest of us.
Oh, I'm a much higher caliber of nobody than someone like you.

He has no inside knowledge. Literally no knowledge inside.
This isn't an issue of inside knowledge. It's basic critical thinking. A company that allegedly can't attract and retain enough contractors isn't in a position to drastically increase the amount of work it subs out to contractors. TTKU.