Staffing and market increases

purplelife

Have been hearing some rumors of certain stations getting a raise while others in same market aren't. Anyone hear this? Supposedly due to staffing but the stations not included are just as bad. Sounds about right.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Mostly done for an entire market, though there are exceptions. Staffing levels are a component of who gets it and who doesn't, not the only component.

thedownhillEXPRESS

How can’t any reasonable thinking person making these decisions realize they just keep sticking their proverbial fingers in the crack of the dam? How about being pro-active so it doesn’t get to horrific staffing issues and then only budging when catastrophe looms for a station.

shartpost

I know for a fact all stations in the Phoenix market got a raise to step 4 some weeks ago but it only applied to those with less than 3 years of service. Everyone with more than 3 years under their belt got shafted. And this doesn't include anyone outside of Phoenix either. It wasn't pitched as a cost of living adjustment from what I understand. Not sure if they can retain people at step 4 as the baseline.

purplelife

Most of them in the Midwest haven't been for the entire market, the closest to ramp locations get it but if you're about 45 - 60 minutes away you get shafted. Cost of living and competitive pay come into play but most I've seen are worse and haven't gotten anything.
Then someone from the station that got it has to go help at the station that didn't and rubs it in, goes over well.

purplelife

I know for a fact all stations in the Phoenix market got a raise to step 4 some weeks ago but it only applied to those with less than 3 years of service. Everyone with more than 3 years under their belt got shafted. And this doesn't include anyone outside of Phoenix either. It wasn't pitched as a cost of living adjustment from what I understand. Not sure if they can retain people at step 4 as the baseline.
Is someone with 4 years of service even at step 4?

McFeely

Huge Member
It’s happening in the Denver market. Some stations have a $2.50/hr premium, others don’t. Also just heard today that our area has bumped up a hiring referral bonus to $1000.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Can you be a retired and get bonus?
Actually you can. Happened to me once. I got an email from the retirement center one day nearly seven months after retiring along with a check for another grand and some change. They said my amount was refigured and obviously in my favor. Hell yes!

Aquaman

Heard this bs lie for about 2 years at my old station. Gave up and bounced.
That’s FedEx managment for you. Lie to employees. Repeat lies they know are lies told to them by upper managment. I’ve been hearing of a potential market level increase for our station for about 6 or 7 years. Meanwhile it never comes and they just kept you for 6 or 7 years. Mission accomplished. Regular ops managers know nothing. If your manager is telling you they’re working on something regarding pay, it’s a retention tactic.

FedexCares

It’s happening in the Denver market. Some stations have a $2.50/hr premium, others don’t. Also just heard today that our area has bumped up a hiring referral bonus to $1000.
They must be doing this referral bonus across all opcos. We are getting 750 bonus for each hire we refer and I’m with FTN. They wouldn’t be in this situation if they just paid competitive wages to begin with.