Stand your ground

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
So this happened on my center yesterday (this was totally not me I swear).

A driver after the PCM went to get his call tags and HVs when he came back to the truck the building manager was waiting for him and asked him.

Manager : what is holding you up?
Driver: I was getting my call tags and Hvs.
Manager: that's part of being ready for work.
Driver: I'm getting pay to get them as they are part of my work, you can go ahead and call the union if you want to.
Manager: you don't work for the union, you work for me, so I decide when I call the union or no.
Driver: ok I work for you so im gonna tell you this I AM NOT GOING TO WORK FOR FREE, ILL GET MY CALL TAGS AND HVs WHEN I'M ON THE CLOCK, also I feel like this conversation is going to end in me being discipline so im requesting my union rep if you want to continue this.
Manager: you don't have the right to a union rep.

From this point on the manager kept asking him question to which the driver only answer was SHOP STEWARD, eventually the manager just moved aside and let the driver go.

This morning the big union guys showed up, and we were just laughing about this.

While this is funny is kinda sad to just imagine how many drivers will have accepted that they have to work for free just cuz someone with a tittle told them to.

I understand that is better to keep your head down but i really rather that they know my name as the guy who will stand by the book and won’t be intimidated.

BRAVO
Over 30 years of standing up and I'm still here. Eventually you will train them that it's better to work with you than butt heads with you.

Superteeth2478

Management must wear name badges that identifies them as Management
If they are not in compliance with this part of the contract DO NOT speak to them or acknowledge their existence.

Management is the ENEMY
I get that management is the enemy, but I have all these grievance forms and I don't know what I should do with them. What should I do to management with these grievance forms, @Maple Grove MN Driver?

GenericUsername

Every other day they are handing these idiotic things out here and every other day I keep telling the newer drivers to stop filling them out before start time. Then inevitably, I get the response, "why?"
They stopped handing me the paper as I just folded it up and gave it back to them blank every day. It only took a few weeks but it got the point through.

barnyard

KTM rider
Get other drivers to just clock in and not get call tags either.

BONUS: Don’t download EDD either until start time either... then have all the DIADS beeping at the PCM. Then you have to accept and wait for the ‘warning’ message, then accept again to get to the main screen.

Easily add 5-10 minutes to the morning cause the system will really slow down from getting hammered all at once.

I refuse to look at the dispatch computers till after our start time, to me, that is the same thing as going to the truck and sorting the load.

That is a big ol nope.

specter208

I can only think of this. God bless you guys!

Colossians 3:22-23 - Bondservants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh, not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but in sincerity of heart, fearing God. Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.