Staples pick up

DOK

Does anyone else get bugged by Staples management to walk in and out of the "correct" door to save their conversion numbers? The "correct" door meaning the exit door. I always go in and out of the entry door because it's the quickest path to the copy center but they always bug me to go the long way because i mess up their conversion numbers.
What are "conversion numbers"?

rod

Retired 22 years
Stores track the number of people who come in and the number who end up buying something. "False positives" like the OP affect those numbers.

Screw their tracking numbers. I hate all this information gathering BS that goes on now days. One of our local stores constantly asks you what your zip code is. (I realize why they are asking but as far as I'm concerned it none of their friend in business). I always say I don't have a zip code. Most of the clerks laugh because they hate asking the same question a hundred times a day. I used to tell them it was 12345 until I found out that is an actual zip for some place out east.

jaker

trolling
Screw their tracking numbers. I hate all this information gathering BS that goes on now days. One of our local stores constantly asks you what your zip code is. (I realize why they are asking but as far as I'm concerned it none of their friend in business). I always say I don't have a zip code. Most of the clerks laugh because they hate asking the same question a hundred times a day. I used to tell them it was 12345 until I found out that is an actual zip for some place out east.
My zip code is 98765 and what's funny I only had one person catch it

rod

Retired 22 years
Just be blunt and tell them none of your damn business.

I would never be that crude to a cashier. They are just doing what they were told to. If given the opportunity I would tell their bosses what I think of their invasion of privacy policy.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I would never be that crude to a cashier. They are just doing what they were told to. If given the opportunity I would tell their bosses what I think of their invasion of privacy policy.
Agreed. Retail hourlies catch too much :censored3: from rude customers. Don't miss that crap at all.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Did this years ago at a Cracker Barrel when I first started driving. They wanted me to deliver through the front door and then across the gift shop. Knocked a Christmas tree over with the handcart one day and busted a bunch of ornaments.
Was a backdoor guest after that day!:rolleyes:
Yep, it works!

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
I'm willing to bet that every day hundreds of customers walk in and out through the 'In' door, but Staples management wants to harass the UPS guy for trying to do his job in the most efficient way?

I'd tell them in the most polite, professional manner I could... to lick my balls.

clean hairy

I tell them 90210. Goes right over their head....

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I'm willing to bet that every day hundreds of customers walk in and out through the 'In' door, but Staples management wants to harass the UPS guy for trying to do his job in the most efficient way?

I'd tell them in the most polite, professional manner I could... to lick my balls.
I'd politely tell them that too, secretly hoping, she'd take me up on the offer.