Scanning pick ups

Cowboy Mac

So you are refusing to count the pick up pieces? It’s not impossible...we do it everyday in my center...make it a habit.
What are you gonna do? Write him a warning letter? I’m sure all of your drivers get accurate piece counts every day, no mistakes made.

I scan only the first package, then enter the total count.
My assumption is that this time stamps the pickup.
This is the same method we were instructed to use with all Target pickups prior to the Diad 6.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What’s the deal with not being able to scan pick ups besides “walk up, drop boxes, and a select few customers like chase bank and t mobile?? I’ve always done this on accounts with out an end of day
Dump and go. Enter 1000 pieces like bonus center guys do.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The special counts screen has such tragic consequences that we generally are advised never to use over 70.
The fun part is that local management here wants everything scanned on Saturday, something about customers complaining about there being no tracking on the weekend.
Having an exact piece count is just management wanting their cake and eating it too. It's all just a liability acid trip, they don't even change incorrect pickups/times in the board for fear of making a mistake that could be pinned on them.

BrownStains

I was scanning pickups for years now they’re saying scan no pickups. There was no problem all those years but now all of a sudden it’s an issue? Management is constantly back and forth

AKCoverMan

Why do you people make it so hard...
Scan a walk up pick up, drop boxes and on calls.
Scan end of day (if your customer is not printing one ask them to print it...
or count pick up pieces and enter into Diad.
If an account requires a scan on pick up for pick up pieces there will be a local agreement or corporate agreement letter on file.

This has been in place for over a decade...quit making up :censored2:...
Yet every time I open pickup on diad it says to scan every package.

I don’t give a hoot about time allocation that crap is all fantasy land, but I want customers to have tracking visibility on their package.

AKCoverMan

How accurate? Down to the piece, +/- how many are we talking about here...that management team is wasting time that could be better utilized else where...
Why does an accurate count not matter on pickup? I can’t just drop off a bulk stop and count it as “about 40” packages? I scan every package every day. If a package I pick up goes missing and never gets a scan I’m going to be accused of taking it.

I’ve caught duplicate 1Z being shipped this way more than once (“oh it wouldn’t fit in one box so I just made a copy of the label”).

AKCoverMan

Very early on as a cover squirrel I was on way back to center and got messaged to go to this state office building downtown to the back dock and the guard would meet me they had a pickup. Got there and it was literally a Mountian of HP cartridges of all sizes. I must have put over 300 in the truck…this was on DIAD IV.

It took a while….