Scanning pick ups

Dragon

Package Center Manager
That’s a great idea. I don’t have a problem with it the majority of the time, but we have a lot of large pick ups that do not ship using the world ship system they use their own system that does not print end of day, and they ship thousands of packages, a mix of international next day, air and ground. It’s next to impossible to get an accurate count unless you want somebody to stay there for several hours.
So you are refusing to count the pick up pieces? Its not impossible...we do it everyday in my center...make it a habit.

Thebrownblob

So you are refusing to count the pick up pieces? Its not impossible...we do it everyday in my center...make it a habit.
For the record, I’m not refusing to do anything that’s not my pick up. But we had a situation where a driver was off on his count and they audited his truck and said he did not pick up the proper amount of packages and put them in his diiad board correctly and try to fire him. When he asked them to allow him to scan them, they said no. Like I said, this isn’t just ground this is ground air and international so three different counts and it’s several thousand pieces.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
For the record, I’m not refusing to do anything that’s not my pick up. But we had a situation where a driver was off and they had it in his truck and said he did not pick up the proper amount of packages and put them in his diiad board correctly and try to fire him. When he asked them to allow him to scan them, they said no. Like I said, this isn’t just ground this is ground air and international so three different counts and it’s several thousand pieces.
You have poor management team..does not change the fact about the no scanning.

Told not to do on calls any more, only walk ups and boxes. Personally don’t care, I’ll do whatever they tell me. Just does seem like another micromanaging pet peeve but whatever.
Well you got to use a little common Sense here.
If I go to the on call and pick up a package it takes me a lot less time to scan that package then to tell the customer it will get scanned back at the building.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
I just tried to do the right thing. It's not worth arguing with the customer scan two packages.
I've never ever ever been questioned about what did you have three extra scans as a stop
I'm in agreement. I feel like it's my job to give the customer immediate accountability on their shipment. Boom, scan it into my board. I'm now taking responsibility until I punch out.

JustDeliverIt

Well you got to use a little common Sense here.
If I go to the on call and pick up a package it takes me a lot less time to scan that package then to tell the customer it will get scanned back at the building.

I completely agree. On calls, ars/rs labels at pick ups don’t have any accountability of being picked up unless they’re scanned in.

Cowboy Mac

For the record, I’m not refusing to do anything that’s not my pick up. But we had a situation where a driver was off on his count and they audited his truck and said he did not pick up the proper amount of packages and put them in his diiad board correctly and try to fire him. When he asked them to allow him to scan them, they said no. Like I said, this isn’t just ground this is ground air and international so three different counts and it’s several thousand pieces.
Oops, I lost count. Better start over…