Stay at home Moms,( unless on Welfare) hated by the left

bbsam

Staff member
Closer than Obama's for sure ... he is wearing a uniform and is not snorting cocaine.

I wonder about statements like that. I wonder if people look at my successful, quiet, middle class life today and say, "He used to smoke crack, drink heavily, and party with whores all the time." Not that I really care, but is that supposed to be a cut down or simply contrast of how far someone has come?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I wonder about statements like that. I wonder if people look at my successful, quiet, middle class life today and say, "He used to smoke crack, drink heavily, and party with whores all the time." Not that I really care, but is that supposed to be a cut down or simply contrast of how far someone has come?

It was just an appropriately stupid, ignorant reply to your post.

bbsam

Staff member
It was just an appropriately stupid, ignorant reply to your post.
I understand. I just sends my mind off on a tangent about how we view people's pasts as they relate to their present circumstance. Seems like it can be framed different ways depending on an underlying desired message to be sent.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I understand. I just sends my mind off on a tangent about how we view people's pasts as they relate to their present circumstance. Seems like it can be framed different ways depending on an underlying desired message to be sent.
Geez you are so right. I think when people such as yourself achieve a good life, after making a few bad choices along the way, as most of us have. That the past should be considered in the character of a person. Most of us learn from our mistakes.

bbsam

Staff member
But if you are Herman Cain, or Newt Gingrich, you needed to be pure as the driven snow.

I think that's just the filthy nature of politics these days. I would make a terrible candidate because I would admit all of it and give sordid details to anyone who wanted to know. Odd. Maybe that would make me the perfect candidate. Letterman bounced back nicely.