Stay at UPS or Leave?

Holydriver

I know many guys who've retired just fine without life long injury.

Also yes ups is going out of business very soon. You better put in that application to uber now.

That's sarcasm btw.
The guy makes some good points that may help the OP make a good opinion. Everyone on here makes it seem Ups is the best job going. It's got its pros and cons, sure, but the pros are numbered around 3- the day flies by, pay is good benefits are good. But how many cons are there? I can think of many. And to suggest injury isn't common is ludicrous. It happens often, and every time the company tries to deny that UPS has anything to do with it.

But, yea, Ups isn't going anywhere. You're right about that.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Depends on what your field of study is in. My daughter graduates in May with a Business & Marketing degree and has accepted a position starting out at $74,900.

Congrats, that's good for a start.

But you don't count the premiums that UPS pays for your cadillac health insurance, that would put a dent into her salary.
Then you have to include the pension money you never see or touch that will pay you a retirement.
With hidden benefits pay, a full time UPS driver makes about 100k - 115k a year roughly.
No one is getting that kind of pay with an associates degree at a community college !!!
You would have to go for the 4 year degree which, if unlucky enough, you will have to take student loans out which will stunt your earning power.

Just a rant, but working part time a few years to get a full time gig here is more than worth it.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
The guy makes some good points that may help the OP make a good opinion. Everyone on here makes it seem Ups is the best job going. It's got its pros and cons, sure, but the pros are numbered around 3- the day flies by, pay is good benefits are good. But how many cons are there? I can think of many. And to suggest injury isn't common is ludicrous. It happens often, and every time the company tries to deny that UPS has anything to do with it.

But, yea, Ups isn't going anywhere. You're right about that.
Every post you make is clear that you hate working at ups. You should probably think of a better career because it sounds like you're one bad day away from losing your :censored2: and going crazy