Staying Cool On Lunch

542thruNthru

I had a route with a 7-11 that let me sit in the back in the coolers and eat lunch. It felt amazing.

Now I have a route with a small distribution center for community colleges. They let me park my truck inside the warehouse and eat lunch inside. Its great because the warehouse has AC so cools me and the truck off. Though I'm not allowed on fridays.

MC0493

Ah the joys of being on a steady route i suppose, you can get a working relationship with customers and use their space. I'm probably going to have to park in the shade if i can find some or just buy lunch somewhere.

9.5er

I figure I make enough per hour I can afford to spend a few bucks for my lunch each day. If that is what breaks the bank we need a new budget plan.

Indecisi0n

I figure I make enough per hour I can afford to spend a few bucks for my lunch each day. If that is what breaks the bank we need a new budget plan.
It's not always about breaking the bank but more of a health conscience choice. I do buy here and there but 9 out of 10 time you are getting crap food when you buy.

BrownDog5117

I just bring my lunch into a Dunkin Donuts, Burger King, McDonald's, etc. and just eat it there.

Obviously that's not possible for some routes, but if I'm put on a route like that, I'll just try to find a shady spot under some trees.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I just bring my lunch into a Dunkin Donuts, Burger King, McDonald's, etc. and just eat it there.

Obviously that's not possible for some routes, but if I'm put on a route like that, I'll just try to find a shady spot under some trees.
You can always drive somewhere with a restroom.

OSHA says so.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a driver who told us he spends on average $14/day while on road. We did the math for him---that is a car payment.

I brown bag it and normally don't spend a dime while on road.

WorknLateHuh

I go to a park and swim in the river or creek or lake or whatever is there

This for sure. I bring a swimsuit and swim on the really hot days. There are lots beaches all over out here. Everything else doesn't compare to how refreshing it is.

On the 95+ days i'll swim with my brown shorts. they will dry in 10 minutes flat.