Staying Cool On Lunch

I have a huge JD zero turn. It mows 90% of the two acres in the one hour cut day. The other three days are just to get the rest. I do it on lunch to free up my weekends.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
It's called taking the high road-----you might try it sometime.

Has anyone else noticed that the overall level of the forum has improved dramatically ever since our posts leader has taken his toys and gone home?

THIS is what is wrong with this forum.

And yet you're still here.

Time to get off your high horse Dave and lighten up. If you don't, BC will stay "too vanilla " for even you

Star B

White Lightening
I'll stop by a local restaurant, grab a drink, and cool down. If that fails, slide door open, windows down, catch a breeze. If that fails. I'll just sit in my cab with the A/C on.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Hey everyone, curious what everyone does during the summer for lunch. Up til recently i brought lunch and just ate in the truck but with the temperature going up i've been wanting to find a cool place to hang out for lunch, but then i end up buying lunch so i have a place to stay and that could get expensive in the long run. Curious what you all do, suck it up and stay outside or just find a place to sit.

I bring my lunch in the cool months and eat in one of the many break rooms on my route. In the summer, I'll eat at a few different places inside AC.

I also have a gym on my route that I can use the shower or pool at lunch. In south Florida, that helps beat the heat.

Last edited by a moderator:

MendozaJ

I hate buying lunch also, but my body tells me when to seek some relief. I'll still bring my brown bag, gobble it in 2 minutes, then head to a pizzeria where I can cool off for the price of one slice.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I bring my lunch in the cool months and eat in one of the many break rooms on my route. In the summer, I'll eat at a few different places inside AC.

I also have a gym on my route that I can use the shower or pool at lunch. In south Florida, that helps beat the heat.
I never thought of those options when I was driving and they were available I bet.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
its nice to take a shower at lunch sometimes when the heat and humidity are bad. Breaks up your day better.

How hot did it get in your corporate office?
After spending 45 minutes on the tread mill downstairs at lunch, it got pretty hot.
And if I went out and sat in the Japanese garden around the man-made ponds, it got so hot some days, I would take a nap.