Stealing time... Employees or Management?

hbh

It has come to my attention that the UPS Timecard System presents an opportunity the company to steal time from us, and I believe it done strategically on a regular basis.

Has anyone else noticed that the decimal timecards are set up to round off every entry?

So here is my experience and where I feel the company ois taking advantage.

Start time is 0910 = 9.17 (in actuality 9.166) so .0033 is taken from every employee that reports at 0910

On Mondays we typically start at 0855 (same scenario
I take a lunch (50min) and a break (10min) so 4 more random entries that while equal 1hr total have been deducted as 1.01hr because of the decimals.

When I punch out we get more rounding.

How many employees does UPS have punching a time card? 380000? Daily

Lets say there are 50 drivers in the center at OT rate this is about 15 cents per person.

If we started on a number divisible by 3 it would be even.

Anyone got input????

I think for as much as management throws the term around, they are the ones stealing time from us.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It has come to my attention that the UPS Timecard System presents an opportunity the company to steal time from us, and I believe it done strategically on a regular basis.

Has anyone else noticed that the decimal timecards are set up to round off every entry?

Start time is 0910 = 9.17 (in actuality 9.166) so .0033 is taken from every employee that reports at 0910

I take a lunch (50min) and a break (10min) so 4 more random entries that while equal 1hr total have been deducted as 1.01hr because of the decimals.

Lets say there are 50 drivers in the center at OT rate this is about 15 cents per person.

Anyone got input????

I think for as much as management throws the term around, they are the ones stealing time from us.

The sword cuts both ways, brother.
The only fight you would have is if they round up one way and round down the other , to give them an advantage.
The decimal system is easier to add up hours and reflect true work time.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
.17 is 10 minutes. Like when viewing time card viewer shows 9.17 instead of 910hrs.
Honestly never even looked that close. But I'm not worried about ups "stealing" .003 minutes. Lol

If they always round it'll all work out. Sometimes in the company favor. Sometimes in the employees favor.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Anyone got input????

Not bad for a first time try at conjecturing a conspiracy but the real reason is even more silly.

The programming of the UPS Payroll system is based on the output in minute increments from time clocks back in the 1970's.