stolen parcels

old levi's

blank space
Didn't matter with the guy I sat next to several years back who was fired for dishonesty for doing just that.
He signed for the greasy handed mechanic, the dentist with a patient, the aforementioned beautician working with chemicals, etc.
Never was it proven or even alledged that this driver signed for outside of the presence or permission of the consignee.
In the end he returned to work with a discharge reduced to suspension at the local level hearing.
Only after 6 days without pay.
Still think it's OK?

Yes

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I never sign I will DR a package before I forge someones signature and if it a SIG REQ they have to wait till towmorrow or I'll wait. If the person is busy I'll say your all set and DR 1 or 2 on to the next stop have not had a problem.

This will change the package from a commercial to a residential and there will be a billing adjustment to the shipper.

UPSGUY72

This will change the package from a commercial to a residential and there will be a billing adjustment to the shipper.

So when I get a sig for a package at a resi that doesn't call for one it changes the package to commercial and the shipper gets charged more. Your wrong the shipper only gets charged more if they require a SIG comfirmation for a package. Whether or not you get one for a package that doesn't Req one doesn't change the price they paid to ship it. The only reason you get one at a commercial address is so someone takes resposibility for receiving the packages to help eliminated claims.

Last edited:

UPSGUY72

No, because you should be selecting residential.

Read the whole post. Also I hit the wrong key after getting a sig 100 times if your theory was true I would have heard about it. The only time selecting resi or rec type is going to be a problem is when your are delivering NDA'S where the package will come up later after 3 for a resi if you use the commercial keys after getting a sig.

So when I get a sig for a package at a resi that doesn't call for one it changes the package to commercial and the shipper gets charged more. Your wrong the shipper only gets charged more if they require a SIG comfirmation for a package. Whether or not you get one for a package that doesn't Req one doesn't change the price they paid to ship it. The only reason you get one at a commercial address is so someone takes resposibility for receiving the packages to help eliminated claims.

Big Babooba

Read the whole post. Also I hit the wrong key after getting a sig 100 times if your theory was true I would have heard about it. The only time selecting resi or rec type is going to be a problem is when your are delivering NDA'S where the package will come up later after 3 for a resi if you use the commercial keys after getting a sig.

If you deliver a commercial stop as a residential stop, the shipper gets charged a residential surcharge. We charge more for residential deliveries than commercial deliveries. That is why you have to indicate where the package was left.

UPSGUY72

If you deliver a commercial stop as a residential stop, the shipper gets charged a residential surcharge. We charge more for residential deliveries than commercial deliveries. That is why you have to indicate where the package was left.

I understand what your saying but UPS already knows whether the address is a commercial stop or not what you do in your DIAD isn't going to change that. If it did we would be hearing about it weekly during are PCM's have your ever heard anything about it?? The only thing I hear is a warning for those people that forge sig to stop.

Big Babooba

They are not paying for the SIG it is cheaper to ship to a Commerical address then a resi address most likely because of the higher % of claims from Resi address.
Claims has nothing to do with it. Commercial stops are more profitable because of package consolidation. If you spend 5 minutes at a business delivering 20 packages and then spend 3 minutes at a residance delivering 1 package, which stop is more profitable? To make that single package stop profitable we add a residential delivery surcharge to each and every package delivered to a residance. If you DR a commercial package, the shipper automatically gets charged that surcharge. This has nothing to do with a signature required package - that is another surcharge.

Big Babooba

I understand what your saying but UPS already knows whether the address is a commercial stop or not what you do in your DIAD isn't going to change that. If it did we would be hearing about it weekly during are PCM's have your ever heard anything about it?? The only thing I hear is a warning for those people that forge sig to stop.
Yes occasionally it comes up during a PCM. Usually we'll get a message for the OMS asking us if a certain stop is residential or commercial.

UPSGUY72

Yes occasionally it comes up during a PCM. Usually we'll get a message for the OMS asking us if a certain stop is residential or commercial.

I've never heard a word about it at a PCM and I know alot of senior drivers that DR packages at commercial address from covering there routes.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do you complete the annual driver release certification? If so, I am sure you read that we are prohibited from driver releasing at a commercial location. When you do, the shipper is charged the residential rate and surcharge for that package. If you get a signature at a residential package there is no change unless you select something other than residential.

Nimnim

The Nim
Do you complete the annual driver release certification? If so, I am sure you read that we are prohibited from driver releasing at a commercial location. When you do, the shipper is charged the residential rate and surcharge for that package. If you get a signature at a residential package there is no change unless you select something other than residential.

So on upsers there's a corporate pcm for DR currently.

Driver Release stops are permitted only at residential stops.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
+1 ........the original poster makes no sense, you dont dr a business unless its a basic,, and you cant dr a sig req unless you forge it,, i say you should be fired if this really happened, and your a troll