stolen parcels

Tiny Panda

We've just had a long serving lead driver suspended, apparently he put a pkg as left with neighbour but signed the diad himself and put the pkg over the fence. Customer got the pkg but raised a complaint saying there was no-one next door with the name that was signed

chcknhwk

Yes....You are soon to be an ex employee>>>> Adult signature required means you need to get a signature in person,,,,,, the board instructs you on this very clearly.......and you have done training in the board as such......all documented by the company

UPSGUY72

today i delivered 2 parcels to a business that was closed, front door was open and there was a SDN on the door. 1 of the 2 pkgs was a SIG. Req.
I left both pkgs at the inside door, and customer called and said she couldnt find the parcels. someone stole them. whats going to happen since i actually put customers name in the board, she was not there to sign for them... am i gonna get fired

You can not use a SDN for a SIG Req package. Your Diad will not let you use the SDN function for Sig Req package. That means you had to sign the person name on your DIAD. You are probably going to have to pay for the one that was Sig Req. The other one if you handed in the SDN or still have it you might be covered.

If a package has a Sig Req. you have to get a Sig that means a person has to be there to sign your DIAD you can't use a SND. If it just not a DR address or a package that you would DR becasue of it's value you can use a SDN.

Not IN Trace

Lets be honest....we have all "forged" a persons name in the DIAD for a million reasons.....how about the times we walk into a hair salon and the girl hands are full of color mix.....Im sure we all wait the 5 minutes for her to clean, and dry her hands right?
Or how about the 100 year old lady who is blind as a bat who can't read the diad nevermind sign it.
UPS sups damn well know our tricks of the trade.....no way this guy loses his job.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Lets be honest....we have all "forged" a persons name in the DIAD for a million reasons.....how about the times we walk into a hair salon and the girl hands are full of color mix.....Im sure we all wait the 5 minutes for her to clean, and dry her hands right?
Or how about the 100 year old lady who is blind as a bat who can't read the diad nevermind sign it. UPS sups damn well know our tricks of the trade.....no way this guy loses his job.
I agree with you drivah !! Let the first person here who never flagged cast the first stone... I only did it if the customer was tied up and asked me to and I knew them quite well(print their name ). I wouldn't do it
for an SDN at a business stop.. sounds like this guy may be a newbie and panicked trying to help out the cust and do the right thing but got caught up in this dilema !! An experienced driver would of known better. when consignee told me to sign his name I would allways PRINT IT !! You live and learn out on the streets every day. I hope he comes clean and honest with them. They may punish him but know that he has character and will work with him..In the future driver,think of this !! I would rather climb over it than pay for it !! Good luck & come clean ASAP !!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Or how about the 100 year old lady who is blind as a bat who can't read the diad nevermind sign it.
UPS sups damn well know our tricks of the trade.....no way this guy loses his job.
NO! WE have NOT all forged a signature. Take your assertion and shove it where the sun don't shine. :angry:

old levi's

blank space
I never accept a SDN for a signature package, I can't believe anybody does that. If the DIAD asks for a signature, then that means a person has to be there to put their signature on the board. Thats the way we have always been told. If you sign the customer's name, thats called forgery. If you write SDN or print the customer's name, that is not a signature. Its really as simple as that.

Like others have said, it will depend on how good a driver you are and what your boss thinks of you as to what happens now. We all make mistakes, hopefully you will learn from this one and not ever do it again.

Agree with scratch on this. SDN is for when you didn't feel comfortable releasing the pkg. on the previous attempt. By signing they are releasing UPS from liability for the package.

But signature required means just that. From the back of the info notice: "must obtain a signature from the person receiving the package" .

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Agree with scratch on this. SDN is for when you didn't feel comfortable releasing the pkg. on the previous attempt. By signing they are releasing UPS from liability for the package.

But signature required means just that. From the back of the info notice: "must obtain a signature from the person receiving the package" .

I never accept a SDN, period.
Ask 3 supes as to when it's OK, you get 3 different answers.
I've actually heard them argue amongst themselves about the proper scenarios.
There is no system in place to file them for future reference.
It's simply a flawed system which I don't participate.

tourists24

I never accept a SDN, period.
Ask 3 supes as to when it's OK, you get 3 different answers.
I've actually heard them argue amongst themselves about the proper scenarios.
There is no system in place to file them for future reference.
It's simply a flawed system which I don't participate.
I keep my own signed notices for just that reason.... no one can ever tells exactly how they are filed.... so I make my own

old levi's

blank space

Completely different situation. Customer is present,they are aware of your action,and they appreciate it. I always ask them first: ok if I print your name in? Then I show them the board when finished.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Completely different situation. Customer is present,they are aware of your action,and they appreciate it. I always ask them first: ok if I print your name in? Then I show them the board when finished.

Didn't matter with the guy I sat next to several years back who was fired for dishonesty for doing just that.
He signed for the greasy handed mechanic, the dentist with a patient, the aforementioned beautician working with chemicals, etc.
Never was it proven or even alledged that this driver signed for outside of the presence or permission of the consignee.
In the end he returned to work with a discharge reduced to suspension at the local level hearing.
Only after 6 days without pay.
Still think it's OK?

UPSGUY72

Didn't matter with the guy I sat next to several years back who was fired for dishonesty for doing just that.
He signed for the greasy handed mechanic, the dentist with a patient, the aforementioned beautician working with chemicals, etc.
Never was it proven or even alledged that this driver signed for outside of the presence or permission of the consignee.
In the end he returned to work with a discharge reduced to suspension at the local level hearing.
Only after 6 days without pay.
Still think it's OK?

I never sign I will DR a package before I forge someones signature and if it a SIG REQ they have to wait till towmorrow or I'll wait. If the person is busy I'll say your all set and DR 1 or 2 on to the next stop have not had a problem.