Stories? I know if you retired from UPS, you have a good story or two to tell!

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Right after I went into PC in '77, we had a small center. (about 18 drivers) There were about 6 hard core partiers. The rule among us was the first one in had to go down to the corner store and buy a case of beer, then ice it down and wait for the rest of us. We bought a BUNCH of beer from this store, and the owner would give us a break on the price as well as free ice. UPS didn't own this building, so all we had to do was walk about 30' to get out of the parking lot. 1 case of beer would sometimes turn into 2....then 3. Sometimes there would be up to 10 drivers out there after a hot summer day sipping suds. We had a unique way on how to decide who would make a beer run when our beer ran low. There was an abandoned El Camino in a field about 30-40' from us, and we used to throw our empty bottles at the bed of this El Camino. First one to miss had to buy the next case.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Once, this old lady didn't want to sign a tracer...

pQVv6V.gif

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Yes sir!!! You got that right! You get the winner award! Sooo, so different now but that @Wally will teach us a thing or two... hahahaaaa

My boss asked me to come into his office. I go in and a 1/5th of Black Velvet sitting there. I said what's this and he said a customer brought it in for me. I said cool... he said check this out and pulled out an AK-47 and said $1200. You want in. This is a hellavu investment before they ban these assault weapons. I told him, I appreciate the offer but at part time the financee & I are scraping by... he said well I wanted to offer it to you. I once again thanked him. Yet yeah... in the managers office with booze and assault weapons. Those were the days!

Wtf

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Yes sir!!! You got that right! You get the winner award! Sooo, so different now but that @Wally will teach us a thing or two... hahahaaaa

My boss asked me to come into his office. I go in and a 1/5th of Black Velvet sitting there. I said what's this and he said a customer brought it in for me. I said cool... he said check this out and pulled out an AK-47 and said $1200. You want in. This is a hellavu investment before they ban these assault weapons. I told him, I appreciate the offer but at part time the financee & I are scraping by... he said well I wanted to offer it to you. I once again thanked him. Yet yeah... in the managers office with booze and assault weapons. Those were the days!

What kind of AK?

Areyoukiddinme

best 2 weeks ever
Ok here’s mine..for a few months we were playing the bump the package car in front of you game, kind of fun just a slow roll bump you just didn’t want to be the lead car because you had no recourse . Well the last time we played that game I was the leaf car at a stop sign when one of my buddies bumped me so I got the idea to back into him. Unfortunately my rear bumper got under his front and when I went forward it sheared the heads off bumper bolts and bent the end of his bumper out kinda like half a Texas Longhorn! We got them separated drive to our routes he used a pilar at the mall to bend his back and I reported mine as hooking on a dock shock absorber...We stopped playing that game.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Been on the area about 8 years , RD heaven . Never had a stop at this place . They finally got a Penny's bag.. 498-087 .. still on paper...knocked on the the front door.. nothing .. knocked again.. the door came open.. looked down ..a goat was standing there.
It reaches up , grabs the package with its mouth and takes off running back toward the inside of the house . When it does that , the door goes wide open .
I look up and to the right , there is another goat standing on top of the kitchen table and two more on the couch in the living room towards the left .
D/R MC GOAT
Never heard anything from anybody . Must have worked out .

Shiftless

One night I am at an off site trailer holding area for a railroad. Its 1980 or so. Trailer conditions were bad. You might have to back under 3 or 4 before one would work right after you walked the lot looking for one. So after walking the lot I back up to one that is at angle with the other one. Meaning the front is 6 feet apart and the back is 18 inches apart. Engine at idle (1968 fat cab Pete), I walk down the narrowing path between the two trailers as I had earlier because this time I see something shiny like a piece of glass in front of the rear tires as my flashlight scans by. SHEET!

So as I go back and get with in 2 feet of the tires and I smell this gawd awfull smell of urine or death almost made me gag, when all of a sudden I hear someone screaming at the top their lungs for me to give him "CIGARETTES" "I want your smokes" WTF? I'm about a foot away from the trailer wheels now of this 40 foot trailer and I turn around and here is a guy just passing the nose of the trailer coming towards me screaming his lungs out. And his odor has already reached me! He is probably 6 foot three and aggressive as heck! And he keeps coming! So do I fight? Dive into the rocks and crawl under a trailer? These bums run in packs. So I said
"friend it" game on. I start swing my tire bar side to side smacking the trailers sides and start charging him cussing at him the whole may about his mother to get to more open space so we dont wind up under these trailer's if it goes to the ground.

He stops in his tracks, and apparently a flashlight flashing in and out of eye's as I am now coming at him with me beating this tire bar on empty trailer which makes one hell of a noise he starts to retreat and takes off running towards the only entrance and exit gate to the yard and I loose sight of him. Great! Now when I drive out I am gonna get a rock or something thru my windshield I figured.

At this point in time I said SCREW the trailer! No trailer for you Mr dispatcher! Back in the comfort of my fat cab I pull away from the trailer and head down the rows to get to the gate. Here the dude is with 2 other guys at the back of a trailer where someone threw all the pallets out and on the ground as I see this tall lanky figure all animated describing to his buddies probably what just happened. Or maybe, lets go get this driver? As I drive down the street I see a Railroad employee in his truck and tell him what happened. He said 2nd time tonite and police are coming back, Cool! Still left with no trailer!

Next day. Drop off my loaded at the same yard go to get and empty again as I saw all kinds of Rail people over there coming in and it looked under control. Once again walking to the back of the first trailer MORE NOISES! This time its bullets ricocheting of trailer from a semi automatic firing! WTF! Scrambling back to the tractor I damn near didn't climb in I think I jumped in. Not only I was getting the friend out of there so were the Rail employees and everyone else!

Sincerely,
WAD

ski or die

Ski or Die
One night I am at an off site trailer holding area for a railroad. Its 1980 or so. Trailer conditions were bad. You might have to back under 3 or 4 before one would work right after you walked the lot looking for one. So after walking the lot I back up to one that is at angle with the other one. Meaning the front is 6 feet apart and the back is 18 inches apart. Engine at idle (1968 fat cab Pete), I walk down the narrowing path between the two trailers as I had earlier because this time I see something shiny like a piece of glass in front of the rear tires as my flashlight scans by. SHEET!

So as I go back and get with in 2 feet of the tires and I smell this gawd awfull smell of urine or death almost made me gag, when all of a sudden I hear someone screaming at the top their lungs for me to give him "CIGARETTES" "I want your smokes" WTF? I'm about a foot away from the trailer wheels now of this 40 foot trailer and I turn around and here is a guy just passing the nose of the trailer coming towards me screaming his lungs out. And his odor has already reached me! He is probably 6 foot three and aggressive as heck! And he keeps coming! So do I fight? Dive into the rocks and crawl under a trailer? These bums run in packs. So I said
"friend it" game on. I start swing my tire bar side to side smacking the trailers sides and start charging him cussing at him the whole may about his mother to get to more open space so we dont wind up under these trailer's if it goes to the ground.

He stops in his tracks, and apparently a flashlight flashing in and out of eye's as I am now coming at him with me beating this tire bar on empty trailer which makes one hell of a noise he starts to retreat and takes off running towards the only entrance and exit gate to the yard and I loose sight of him. Great! Now when I drive out I am gonna get a rock or something thru my windshield I figured.

At this point in time I said SCREW the trailer! No trailer for you Mr dispatcher! Back in the comfort of my fat cab I pull away from the trailer and head down the rows to get to the gate. Here the dude is with 2 other guys at the back of a trailer where someone threw all the pallets out and on the ground as I see this tall lanky figure all animated describing to his buddies probably what just happened. Or maybe, lets go get this driver? As I drive down the street I see a Railroad employee in his truck and tell him what happened. He said 2nd time tonite and police are coming back, Cool! Still left with no trailer!

Next day. Drop off my loaded at the same yard go to get and empty again as I saw all kinds of Rail people over there coming in and it looked under control. Once again walking to the back of the first trailer MORE NOISES! This time its bullets ricocheting of trailer from a semi automatic firing! WTF! Scrambling back to the tractor I damn near didn't climb in I think I jumped in. Not only I was getting the friend out of there so were the Rail employees and everyone else!

Sincerely,
WAD
I think you should qualify for Hazardous Duty Pay. I would talk with your manager if I were you and get that bump in pay.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
the best story i can think of was one of the mechanics asked me if i knew anyone that could kill a female feeder driver he was having an affair with.

since i am of Italian ancestry he assumed i "knew" someone that could do the deed. I told him it would be $50,000 with 25k up front an the rest after it was done and i needed the money by the following friday.

of course he did not go thru with it and i told him "I guess you didn't hate her $50,000 worth."

he ended up quitting anyway. I thought about telling the driver targeted about it to have a good laugh but knowing her she would have pestered me to death to find out who it was. she probably would have guessed and killed the guy.

E

el blanco

the best story i can think of was one of the mechanics asked me if i knew anyone that could kill a female feeder driver he was having an affair with.

since i am of Italian ancestry he assumed i "knew" someone that could do the deed. I told him it would be $50,000 with 25k up front an the rest after it was done and i needed the money by the following friday.

of course he did not go thru with it and i told him "I guess you didn't hate her $50,000 worth."

he ended up quitting anyway. I thought about telling the driver targeted about it to have a good laugh but knowing her she would have pestered me to death to find out who it was. she probably would have guessed and killed the guy.

why do you do this,

over and over

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
8A187615-C6FA-474B-99B1-4E777F2324D2.gif